Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think of this as rape of a child?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

INFORMATION FROM WIKI

Mary Kay Fualaau (née Schmitz; born January 30, 1962), formerly known as Mary Kay Letourneau, is an American schoolteacher who was imprisoned from 1997 to 2004 for having sexual intercourse with her 13-year-old student, Vili Fualaau. She gave birth to two of Fualaau's children while incarcerated. After her release from prison in 2004, Letourneau married Fualaau and took his name.

Letourneau first met Vili Fualaau when he was a student in her second-grade class at Shorewood Elementary School in Burien, Washington;[25] she later taught a sixth-grade class in which Fualaau was a student. Letourneau began an intimate relationship with 12-year-old Fualaau,[26] and at 35 Letourneau became pregnant with Fualaau's child.[25] Letourneau was subsequently arrested, convicted and imprisoned for statutory "second degree rape of a child".[19]

Letourneau gave birth to two children with Fualaau, giving her a total of six children. Her first daughter with Fualaau, Audrey, was born in May 1997 while Letourneau was out of jail on bail. Daughter Georgia Alexis was conceived while Letourneau was on probation, and was born in October 1998 while Letourneau was incarcerated.

After Letourneau's release from prison in 2004, Fualaau, then age 21, filed a motion in court, requesting a reversal of the no-contact order against Letourneau.[17] A few days later the request was granted.[27] Letourneau and Fualaau were married on May 20, 2005 in the Seattle suburb of Woodinville in a ceremony at the Columbia Winery.[2] Exclusive access to the wedding was given to the television show, Entertainment Tonight[2] and photographs were released through other media outlets. Letourneau has said that she would like to have another child and return to the teaching profession[28] and indicated that by law she is permitted to teach at private schools and community colleges.[28]

Since their marriage, Mary Kay and Vili Fualaau have hosted three "Hot for Teacher Night" promotions at a Seattle night club with Vili serving as the disc jockey and Mary Kay as host.[29][30][31][32]

During an Inside Edition interview Fualaau said, "I'm not a victim. I'm not ashamed of being a father. I'm not ashamed of being in love with Mary Kay."[33] Attorney Anne Bremner, who met Letourneau in 2002 during Fualaau's civil suit, said that Letourneau considered her affair with Fualaau to be "eternal and endless." According to Bremner, "Nothing could have kept the two of them apart."[17]

Letourneau and Fualaau co-authored a book about their relationship, which was published in France as Only One Crime, Love (French: Un seul crime, l'amour). It has never been published in the United States.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Replies (51-60):
mummy1990
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this

She should have kept it to herself, and waited if she "loved" him that much. Maybe he wouldn't have ended up with her, had she not acted her feelings onto a child. Its not the love part that wrong, its acting upon it, and there was probably a lot of grooming going on. Its all wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:09 AM

She should still be in jail. 

LucyHarper
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Being an adult and being sexually attracted to a 12 year old makes you a pedophile by definition. She likes little boys, it's sick.

Quoting Anonymous:

A pedophile molests children I don't think she fits that profile, some thing is wrong since she was attracted to a 12yr old but I don't think shes pedophile

Quoting thetrollcat:

I think it is odd she is allowed to keep children when she molests children

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:10 AM

dont justify her behavior, she had children of her own around his age or younger. What kind of mother thinks it is ok to fuck a child, especially when you have your own?

I dont give a damn because she happens to be a women, she should have never fucking that boy, NEVER.

In my opinion she qualifies as a child molestor. She knew better plus she was a teacher.

BTW I saw the movie on this case, and I have no doubt this boy loves her, but the point is, she was the damn adult she should have known better.

I dont think she should get off and permitted to be around children after what she has done. She should be punished.

Quoting Anonymous:

A pedophile molests children I don't think she fits that profile, some thing is wrong since she was attracted to a 12yr old but I don't think shes pedophile

Quoting thetrollcat:

I think it is odd she is allowed to keep children when she molests children

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Eewwwww
laparla
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Legally, yes.  Morally, no.  The law needs to catch up with common sense and what we know about human sexuality and biology.

Kitschy
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Yes, I remember when this was all going on in the beginning. 

laparla
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:14 AM

She was punished.  7 1/2 years worth.  She's not doing anything illegal now, so she should not be judged by self-righteous idiots who don't know her.

Quoting thetrollcat:

dont justify her behavior, she had children of her own around his age or younger. What kind of mother thinks it is ok to fuck a child, especially when you have your own?

I dont give a damn because she happens to be a women, she should have never fucking that boy, NEVER.

In my opinion she qualifies as a child molestor. She knew better plus she was a teacher.

BTW I saw the movie on this case, and I have no doubt this boy loves her, but the point is, she was the damn adult she should have known better.

I dont think she should get off and permitted to be around children after what she has done. She should be punished.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Im sorry but what she did as a school teacher was highly innappropriate, and no she should never be allowed around children after what she did. Her time in prison is only part justice, keep the tramp away from other children. I would hate for her to fuck someone else's son if she divorces this one.

Quoting laparla:

She was punished.  7 1/2 years worth.  She's not doing anything illegal now, so she should not be judged by self-righteous idiots who don't know her.

Quoting thetrollcat:

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:17 AM
What's the movie called?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN