Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Making your child give up their room/bed for out of town guests

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Yay or nay?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Replies (11-20):
KMadsen
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:50 PM

No.

cryssi_renee
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:50 PM

I had to do it all the time as a kid. It never bothered me. I don't know if I would make my kids do it. My house is not big enough to have out of town guest staying with us. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:50 PM
6 moms liked this

Yes - My daughter's room has a queen bed.  We have tried to give up our room before instead of hers and our parents refuse to take it.   My son's room has two twin beds so that isn't going to work.

I had to give up my room as a kid when we had company.   And while I didn't like it, neither am I scarred for life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Yep. Dd2 bunks with dd1 when we have a guest. We have a 5 bedroom house but no spare bedrooms and our couch is uncomfy. We really need to buy a new one.

HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:51 PM
If we have extra room we clearly wouldnt need to.do that.
If we didnt have the rokm and had invited guests, then of course we would.make accommodations for them. It easier for a child to sleep in our bed than for us to go.sleep in one of their beds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:51 PM
3 moms liked this

I dont see the problem. When I was a kid this happened sometimes but it depended on the guest. If grandma came, expect to sleep on air mattress, couch or pallet. If younger family member came they usually got the couch.

Livv066
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Yes, I have. I'll do it again if I have more than one guest. For Thanksgiving, my mom was in the office on an oversized air mattress, & DHs aunt took DDs room.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mcelly
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Of course.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Of course! We love having guests. The kids don't mind giving up their rooms. We have a guest room, too, so it isn't always necessary. But when we have a houseful the kids don't mind at all! They are 10 and 14.
Teacher101
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:52 PM

We do it sometimes, but my kids are really young (7,5 and 3) and enjoy getting to sleep together. All three kids have full-sized beds, so they love having "slumber parties" together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)