Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Making your child give up their room/bed for out of town guests

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Yay or nay?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Replies (31-40):
ShellGardner
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:54 PM
No my dad brings an air mattress and my sons bed is too small for him and his wife anyway my ds ends up sleeping with them on the air mattress though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fatal_Frost
11 moms liked this
Depends on how much company... we have a small guest room, fit for one or two, if it's a whole family then my son gives up his room bc I can fit 3 beds in there... absolutely nothing wrong with teaching kids to be charitable with friends and family... I absolutely love having houseguests, my mom will be here soon and she will be sharing a room with my son and he's super excited about it... I'd never dream of asking good friends or family to pay for a hotel when they've spent money to come see us already, sounds pretty cold to me...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kayleesmom42328
Yup! We don't have a guest room any more so dd sleeps in our room or if its our niece they share her room. Dh & I have given up our bed before & slept on a smaller bed so our guest would be more comfortable. To us it's no big deal.
Aleta775

Nay.

bluedolly01
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:55 PM
I was kicked out of my room every single time guests came for any length of time (at one time I wasn't in my room for close to 6 months) I refuse to do that to my kids.

Last time my mother came for a visit she expected me to kick my daughter out of her bed so mother dearest could have it. Uh no! If you want to stay you can have a blow up on the lounge floor. (we have a very small house).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Nay.

We have a guest room for a reason. lol
msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Yes if needed. We have a guest room though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Not unless they volunteered. Kids always come before moredistant relatives.
areles
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:56 PM
24 moms liked this
...I'm stunned by these answers. though i guess it explains the latest couple of generations of selfish, self absorbed brats we're raising.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manicMOM_DLC
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

i dont really see the problem.  I gave up my room as a kid.  My kids give up their rooms as well. they dont care.  I just dont get the problem. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)