Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many kids to a room?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My DH's sister has a lot of kids. Because of this multiple kids share rooms. I think it is a bit much to expect a 6th grader, 4th grader and 2nd grader to share a room together.... 

How many kids would you be willing to put in a room together?

My kids all have separate rooms and that is how I was raised so maybe multiple kids per room is common and I am just naive.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Replies (281-290):
ChelseaLDD
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Two at the absolute max, but even then I don't think I would. I think children should have their own rooms, where possible.

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:52 PM
I think it would depend on age, sex and the size of the room. If I had to pick a number I'd try to keep no more than 2 to a room. But you do what you gotta do sometimes. We moved into a 2 br when we moved from Cali to Nevada and had all 3 in one room for 3 months until we bought our house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:52 PM
I would only put one child in a room. I think that kids can share rooms, but no more than two kids per room. And if that is the case then I would expect that they are the same gender.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Dude stop slamming me simply because you made different parenting choices. Which aren't any better or worse than yours.

Quoting thetrollcat:

dood stop repeating what I say!

Quoting fullxbusymom:

You are truly a piece of work

Quoting thetrollcat:

LOL ya ya yaya ya

you are really something

Quoting fullxbusymom:

I won't admit that they should never share a room.  I love that my kids share a room and I love that they want to as well.  Oh and I force nothing, they had their choice and they made their choice.  Since my oldest is moving out in 2yrs to go off to college I doubt they will.  So Whatever....to

matofour
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:55 PM
My three oldest girls share a room, it's our master suite. It's huge. It was their choice.
My boys each have their own room (ones five, ones an infant).
My girls are all within three years of each other, 11,10,8. They love it. They sit up and giggle and tells stories. It might not be so harmonious in a few years, but we have a few options when we get there.

We have a four bedroom house and five kids. Someone will always share. They have their own space, and that's most important to me.
All my kids do is sleep in their rooms, we have a huge playroom and that's where they spend their time.
MrsNewman
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:55 PM
I have 4 kids only my youngest 2 share. Their room is a big though they each have one side and their own things. Maybe one day we'll put up a wall but I'm not worried about it right now.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:57 PM

My issue with you is, you are forcing your belief on your kids, not leaving much room for your kids to request their own room or privacy.

While it is your kids, your family, that is fine, but at the same time, I simply do not agree with your mentality.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Dude stop slamming me simply because you made different parenting choices. Which aren't any better or worse than yours.

Quoting thetrollcat:

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Quoting thetrollcat:

I am smart ENOUGH to only produce the off springs we can actually AFFORD and provide them rooms so they all have their OWN room.

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:07 PM

I am not forcing anything that is what I am trying to get through to you.  Yes that is my belief but I also without saying that EVER to them gave them the opportunity for the older two to have their own and they opted not too.  Plain and simple

They love having a space that they share.  They are truly the best of friends even though they are very different.  Do they bicker here and there of course but they still love having a room w/their brother. 

Now my 6yr old and 10mo old nope they don't have an option they have to share because there isn't an option for them.

Quoting thetrollcat:

My issue with you is, you are forcing your belief on your kids, not leaving much room for your kids to request their own room or privacy.

While it is your kids, your family, that is fine, but at the same time, I simply do not agree with your mentality.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Quoting thetrollcat:

proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Here they say 2 people per room..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured