Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How many kids to a room?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My DH's sister has a lot of kids. Because of this multiple kids share rooms. I think it is a bit much to expect a 6th grader, 4th grader and 2nd grader to share a room together.... 

How many kids would you be willing to put in a room together?

My kids all have separate rooms and that is how I was raised so maybe multiple kids per room is common and I am just naive.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Replies (291-300):
Freela
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I have my two girls in one room and my son in another. You make do with the space that you have if you can't afford to move to someplace bigger. Unfortunately we just don't have enough bedrooms for everyone to have their own, and can't really afford to move right now. I think that in the past sharing rooms was really common and no one thought twice about it... my dad's family was fairly poor and they had four biological kids and one foster child living in a bungalow. The three boys (two brother and a foster child) shared a tiny room with bunk beds and a trundle bed, the two girls shared another room, the parents had their own room, and there was only one bathroom for everyone. They survived.

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:15 PM

lol, my sil is the same.  Thank God one of them moved out otherwise she would have had to quad up the bunk beds.  

She has 5 children and lives in a 3 bedroom house.  Last year Her and her husband share a room, three girls share a room 10, 5, and 2, her one boy has his own room and the eldest that was 16 slept in the office on the couch.  

The now 17 year old has moved out and lives with her BF and is attending college.  I imagine soon the ten year old will move to the office as well...  

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:16 PM

No more than 2 to a room (same sex) and only if they want to share the room

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:17 PM
We don't have that problem. 2 kids 3 bedrooms so everyone had their own space. Before we have a third we will upgrade to 4 bedrooms and then we will be done having kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Right now both our kids share a room.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 47 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:26 PM

In our house each kid has their own room but growing up there was 4 girl and a boy. My brother had his own room and all of the girls had to share a room. We didn't care and when my older two sister moved out I moved my room to the basement and then we had our own rooms but I was 14 when that happened.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:30 PM

My sisters and I all shared a room.  We were all born within a four year time period and my cousins all shared a room, they were all born within a five year time period.  My oldest has his own room, he's nineteen, but my nine year old daughter and six year old son share a room.  Not a huge issue in our family.

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:45 PM
No but we did learn about personal space and sharing.

My moms family has no concept of a team or working together. They are very 'mine mine mine'. With EVERYTHING.

Quoting 702girly:

Right... because sleeping in rooms alone made them fucked up in the head and selfish.

Is that because the body snatchers get them in their sleep? Did you and your cousins protect each other from the evil head fucking aliens by sleeping in shifts?

Quoting spooky415:

I liked sharing with my cousins...It was fun and we're still really close even today. My aunts and uncles shared rooms and they enjoyed it too and are really close to this day.

You know who DIDN'T share a room? My mom's side. And they're all fucked up in the head and selfish.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I am smart ENOUGH to only produce the off springs we can actually AFFORD and provide them rooms so they all have their OWN room.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:12 PM

we live in a 4bedoom house and have 2 kids and they share a room. they are also 4 1/2 years apart. they like sharing a room because now they have a playroom right next to their room0lol.  i always shared a room and hated it BUT now when i look back i have the best memories of it and it helped to make me and my sister very close and i hope it does the same for them (which i think it willl... i already hear the occational whispers in the dark)!

Mommy9494
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:14 PM

You have to do what you can, there was a point in time that my 2 sisters and I shared a room and my oldest had her own room. Not for long though, then it turned to just my sister and I sharing a sister and my 2 olders getting their own room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN