Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How many kids to a room?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My DH's sister has a lot of kids. Because of this multiple kids share rooms. I think it is a bit much to expect a 6th grader, 4th grader and 2nd grader to share a room together.... 

How many kids would you be willing to put in a room together?

My kids all have separate rooms and that is how I was raised so maybe multiple kids per room is common and I am just naive.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Replies (301-310):
disneymom2two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

i had friend with four kids to a room ages 2,4,7, 13, two boys and two girls with only two beds

I think that's strange. If I had to do that, I'd get bunkbeds at least but really, I don't think a 13 year old should have to be sharing with opposite sex younger sibs.  I have a 14 year son and a 7 year old daughter.  They each have their own room.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:16 PM
One kid per room to have their own space.
LeahJ
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:17 PM
For a while, all three of mine shared a room, two boys and a girl. They liked it that way. Even now, on very hot summer night, the boys sleep in dd's room because there is an AC in there. Its like a big slumber party for them!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rockinmomnwife
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:17 PM

You do what you have to but I think 2 per room should be enough.

bellaamore
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Id never put more than 4 in a room.

My husband and i will stop having kids when he hits 35. He is currently 32. This gives us time to conceive five children by that point at most. We are expected our second on june 25th.

We live in a two bedroom house. We own it outright, so wed like to stay here if possible. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:18 PM
I was raised that bedrooms are for sleeping when you go shower you get dressed in there so no need for privacy in your room. I have three kids and a 3 bedroom house so instead if making kids share with this newest baby (kid3) I turned my front office into a bedroom had to build a wall and closet but worth it.
ratchetlee
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:19 PM

My dd's share a room....they are 9 (on Saturday) and 4.  My son has a room by himself - he's 6.

I think that they do what they need too.....

My preacher and his wife have 11 kids.... their kids had to share a room (3-4 in a room) all their lives.... they now only have 6 living with them.... so now I think they are down to 2/room...and then one room that is the extra for when the older girls come home and need a place to stay.. (their first 5 were girls...and they are all in college now - one is married with 2 kids)

But hey....at least they HAVE a room!!! 

BEXi
by BEXi on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Thats just three kids?

I grew up the youngest of six kids.. Sometimes we had four kids in one room. Bunk beds FTW.

I personally wouldnt put more  than two in one room, but I dont see anything wrong with more though.

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:19 PM
2. Both our girls will have their own tho.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:19 PM

My brother and I shared a room as children, then my sister and I shared a room until I left home.

I think 3 children could share a room, provided the room was a decent size.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)