Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How many kids to a room?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My DH's sister has a lot of kids. Because of this multiple kids share rooms. I think it is a bit much to expect a 6th grader, 4th grader and 2nd grader to share a room together.... 

How many kids would you be willing to put in a room together?

My kids all have separate rooms and that is how I was raised so maybe multiple kids per room is common and I am just naive.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Replies (311-320):
workingmama86
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:20 PM

my two kids share a room... I guess it just depends on the ages and genders and the size of the rooms. 

Mrs.Miller11
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:20 PM

My sister and I shared a room growing up.

My kids each have their own rooms

MonkeyMommyNJ
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:21 PM

depends on the size of the room.. if its a huge room.. and they are all same sex.. 2 bunk beds.. for a total of 4 of them. If the rooms are adverage size id say only 2 .. the 2 closest in age.. if they are all 10 & under.. i think i would do 3 max

chefmartha
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Our son has his own room and our girls have shared since they were babies. We are hoping that with the next place we live that the girls can have their own rooms.

plainjane55
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:23 PM

We have 2 boys, one's 8 and the other is 2 mths. They will share the same room permanetly once my baby becomes a toddler when his crib transforms into a toddler bed, which we do not have enough room in our bedroom to keep. We both have bad credit and it forbids us to move into a bigger place so both boys could have their own rooms.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 49 on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Depends on the room. I know one of my neighbors has three girls in one room but it's a big room and it has a loft which they use as a play space. That is fine. On the other hand one of my friends in HS used to share a room and they had two twin size beds in there which went from one side to the other. The only way to reach the closet was to climb over both beds and if the girl in the bed furthest from the door had to get up in the night she had to climb over her sister. That is not acceptable in my book.
jazzy411
by Jazmyne Lee on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Well in my apartment (of which I get on the 1st) depends on who I have when. Its a two bedroom. So this is how it will be. My son has a room, dh and I have a room. When I have custody of my sisters (2 of them) they share with ds. If I have my stepdaughters (3of them) dh and I will share with ds and they Will have our room. When we have all 5 girls they have dh and I's room ans we share with ds.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 50 on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:27 PM

My children don't share a room. They have never shared a room.  I have a 5 bedroom house and room to spare, just incase. When two move out we plan on getting a snaller house. Maybe 3-4 bedroom house.

embersparkle
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Our oldest boys share a room. They are five and seven. My 11 month old has his own room.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nverheyn2011
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:33 PM

my two sisters and I shared a room for a few years. we were in 7th,6th, and 3rd grade (not exactly those grades, but it gives the age variation.)

eventually, I and my youngest sister shared a room until she moved into a spare "attic" room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN