Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How many kids to a room?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My DH's sister has a lot of kids. Because of this multiple kids share rooms. I think it is a bit much to expect a 6th grader, 4th grader and 2nd grader to share a room together.... 

How many kids would you be willing to put in a room together?

My kids all have separate rooms and that is how I was raised so maybe multiple kids per room is common and I am just naive.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Replies (41-50):
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:10 AM

None. My daughter will always have her own room.

Multiples MAYBE until they hit the age they wanted to be alone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:11 AM
I'll never have a boy and girl share a room. I'll move into a bigger house with an extra room before that happens.

Quoting Anonymous:

What about boys and girls sharing rooms? At what point/age does that become unacceptable, or does it?

Anonymous

If I had more kids, I would try to stick to 2 kids per room, and keep it. As close together in age as possible. We have three kids, each has their own room. 

Pit isn't always possible to have a larger home with more bedrooms,  though. If my only option were to have 3 in a room, then that is what I would do. 

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:11 AM
They r 5 yrs apart. 8 &3. My oldest has another room tho just for him with his legos, desk, bean bag etc for only him. No younger siblings allowed

Quoting thetrollcat:

Well that is fine really if they are close in age I suppose. I just think its crazy like the OP is stating these people having four kids an donly two bedrooms cramming four in a single bedroom. That is just poor parenting in my opinion.

I think as kids get older they need their own space especially around puberty time. I would have murdered my sister if we had to share bedroom.

Quoting svolkov:

We have six bedrooms. My two boys wanted to get bunk beds and sleep in the same room together. They snuggle a lot lol

Quoting thetrollcat:

I am smart ENOUGH to only produce the off springs we can actually AFFORD and provide them rooms so they all have their OWN room.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
I have all 3 of my boys in one room. I shared a room with my 6 sisters. It had a bunk bed with two twin mattresses that we shared. Two of my sisters slept on blankets on the floor. My 4 brothers had the other room and they only had a double bed in there. Didn't kill any of us.
Kaylawv2
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:12 AM
My kids each have their own rooms, but I don't see anything wrong with that many kids sharing a room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:12 AM

The solution is simple, dont have more kids than you can afford and provide for. Putting three kids in a room is absurd. Putting teenagers with younger kids is INSANE. Stop having kids if you cannot afford the room and space for them.

Quoting Anonymous:

If I had more kids, I would try to stick to 2 kids per room, and keep it. As close together in age as possible. We have three kids, each has their own room. 

Pit isn't always possible to have a larger home with more bedrooms,  though. If my only option were to have 3 in a room, then that is what I would do. 

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:12 AM
I'd rather not make any share, but I guess I'd put as many in a room as I had to. I don't plan to have more then 2 though so I think I'll be alright.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Oceana09
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:12 AM

3 at most. And even then, they'd have to be close to the same age group and the room would have to be pretty damn big.

Denecia
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:13 AM
We always agreed every kid would have their own room. We never had our own space growing up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)