Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Telling someone how to "parent" their child???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
I have see picture of a girls baby posted on fb in her car seat. The baby is only 2 month old you can tell that the harness isn't tight enough and the chest clip is down at her stomach! It drives me crazy. She is a very young mom (only 16) so maybe she doesn't know that is so dangerous. Also she is feeding her jar food at 2 months old :( what would you all do in my case? Just leave it alone or say something to her. I don't know her very well. She is a friends sister.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe talk to your friend about it? Maybe she will talk to her sister?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I don't get it either. In our state (MN) you can't leave the hospital until the carseat is properly adjusted. They show you how to do it. I think some people are just misinformed and don't realize they are putting their children at risk. :( I gobbled up the books and am a complete hoverer when it comes to my kids. Yep, I'm a helicocker. LOL

Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Uhg.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
acrylicmom
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:19 AM

you don't know her. so who cares if you ruin a relationship.  she is being young and naive and needs someone to tell her how it is.  i would send her a personal message about it.  just let her know that you mean no harm and that someone had to tell you too-- so you hope she doesn't take it the wrong way.  Thatyou thought that maybe she would do the same one day and who knows maybe passing on good info will be the reason a baby survives a crash one day. :) idk.

Mrsfarr
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:22 AM
If she's misinformed or under informed she might welcome some help. Try to pass on some knowledge in a non judging way and see if she responds well. If not, apologize and move on.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Thanks ladies!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)