Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No bashing please. I need to say this...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies

I made a post earlier titled I can't do this anymore. It talked about some problems me and dh were having. I don't know how many of you saw it. A lot happened in the time I made the post. I told some of it in the comments.

It started off I was upset. It's been a long day and dh had told me he wanted tonight to just be a me and him night. Well when I went to lay dd down for bed he snuck off to go see his brother. So I got even more upset. His brother is leaving in the morning to go back to washington. He was just here visiting. Dh was supposed to get up in the morning to see him off. I wouldn't have been so upset had he not just got done telling me he wanted to spend time with me tonight since he's been being an ass and we've been fighting a lot. So He comes back and than starts being mean to me because of it, I finally get fed up and tell him that I can't do this anymore and that I want to leave. So he gets irrate and tells me he is going to leave and that he wants nothing to do with the baby (I am pregnant) or dd. He than said that he was going to try to say that I cheated on him and the baby wasn't his so that he wouldn't have to pay child support or have anything to do with the baby. (dd is not his biologically) He than started talking crap and telling me how much of a bad parent I am. I lost my temper and slapped him. I didn't mean to. I know I shouldn't have but I just lost it for a second. He than pushed me and hit me on my arm and leg. I pick up my phone and call my mom and he grabs his keys and leaves. My mother can't really do anything since she is in another state and has absolutely no money but she did manage to calm me down. Dh comes back a little while later. We argue a little while longer. He goes to the kitchen makes a snack. When he comes back he is calmed down. He says he is sorry he hit me that he never should have done that. We start talking. He says he does want to see the baby and dd that he does not want to abandon them. He also says he does love me but he does not think that we should be together.  He wants things to end on good terms. So it gets quiet because I just don't know what to say so I'm just sitting there crying. He starts rubbing my leg and trying to hug me but I'm tel;ing him not to. I ask him why he's acting like that if we're not going to be together anymore and he says that just because we're not together doesn't mean he doesn't care and he doesn't love me.

He's asleep now, I can't sleep. I don't know what to do. He has NEVER done anything like this before. Sure we have our fights but who doesn't? He's never done anything like he did tonight. Normally he's really sweet. We've had it rough here recently but we always make it work. He always makes sure dd and I have what we need. He's said some mean things before. He's an asshole when he gets mad but it's never gotten anywhere near what happened tonight. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandora-Sparrow
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:53 AM
1 mom liked this

No bashing...just hugs...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:53 AM
Just get out. You could've gone to jail for hitting him. He could've gone to jail. Just leave before you guys mess up. I learned the hard way. Think of your children. Not yourself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Thanks.

Quoting Pandora-Sparrow:

No bashing...just hugs...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I know we could have gone to jail. I felt bad the second I did it. But dd was in bed. It ended the minute it started. Neither of us has any marks.

I am thinking of my dd. He's never done this before and he's never done anything to her. He can't even stick to punishing her when it comes to taking away her toys or tv. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Just get out. You could've gone to jail for hitting him. He could've gone to jail. Just leave before you guys mess up. I learned the hard way. Think of your children. Not yourself.

jlc26
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:00 AM
Hope things get better. Keep your head up. Even when the road is hard don't give up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't understand why women think they can hit a man, and then cry foul when they get hit back. You should have never laid a hand on him. 

As for the rest of the issues - work them out. Seek counseling, and fix it.

Don't be another divorce statistic. 
Jesus, and people think gays ruin the sanctity of marriage. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:04 AM

How do you not give up when there is nowhere left to go and nothing left to do? I'm so confused. I love him so much but He says he doesn't want to be with me even though he loves me and maybe he's right? Maybe we shouldn't be together? 

Quoting jlc26:

Hope things get better. Keep your head up. Even when the road is hard don't give up.

Byrd15
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:07 AM
:( hugs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:08 AM
Are you upset that he's leaving you?

You do realize that you threatened to leave first right?
jlc26
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:08 AM

Had the same problem with my daughter's bio-dad. Regardless of the fact of if you love someone or not if the relationship is not healthy for you and has started to get physically it's time to move on. My bd is an alcoholic and is self centered. The night I left him he got physical with me so I left and was with him back and forth for 4 and a half years. It was a waste of my time to have done this. I'm married now to a different guy who has accepted my daughter as his own and wants to adopt her. It just may be time for both of you to move on. Just do what you feel is best and healthy not only for u but for your child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)