Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not sure if I can ever get pregnant again

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

While pregnant with my son who is now 17 months old I found out from the ultrasound tech that it was a miracle that i was able to get pregnant. My uterus is tilted, turned, and had dropped after I had my daughter who is now 6. According to the ultrasound tech its very rare for females in my condition to get pregnant. My husband wants more children later when we get more financially stable, I don't know if I want any more kids. My husband and I are using the "pulling out method for birth control which everyone knows doesn't really work. We are not using any protection and I am not on birth control. I have not gotten pregnant once since having my son. I think since I got pregnant the first time my husband and I slept together that he thinks when we want to have kids that I easily will be able to get pregnant again.  Me on the other hand don't think that it's going to be that easy. Thoughts and no bashing please. Don't need any negativity.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
CaptainCookie
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:24 AM

Are you wanting advice on your uterus or advice on his wanting more kids and you dont know?

Samantha_McKay
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:33 AM

I'd gett a better opinion on that if you are really worried. The window for conception isn't a huge one so if you aren't activly trying I wouldn't assume you have a problem. I have the same thing with my uterus and I have two children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:45 AM
I have the same fear, but medically, I only have pcos... But almost 4 yrs of sex with NO protection, no postives on a preg test... Ds is 7, wasnt diagnoised with pcos til he was 2... Before I had him, my cycles were pretty reg. Now- I barely get them
DarlaHood
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:51 AM

Well I am happy for you that you have 2 beautiful children.  There are so many women out there that long for children, and want more than anything to be pregnant even just once.  So finding out that it is a miracle that your pregnant when you are pregnant with your 2nd is a blessing. 

But since you have at least one, and maybe 2 miracles, I wouldn't go without birth control if you really, really don't want another child.  And if you're o.k. with having another at a certain point, you can let dh know you can try, but it may or may not happen.  You don't really need to decide anything but whether you are open to having another child at some point. 

RoseBlossom
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:54 AM

have you ever considered being foster parents? if you dont want a kid, but he does, maybe helping another child whos already here will get rid of his baby fever and will help a kid out at the same time

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:15 AM

If you decide you want more I would definitely seek a second opinion.  I have a tilted uterus as well and thankfully that's it so far.  It's odd because my mom does too and had problems carrying children.  She lost my older brother at 4 months in utero and had to have help carrying me.  My grandmother also has a tilted uterus but she and I didn't have any issues.  

Sammi20
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:19 AM

Well I think since you have 2 kids that is Great! If you can't get pregnant again it sounds like you would be okay with it. He would accept it.. I mean it's not like you can choose if you just Cant.. you know? We aren't using anything and have had no success trying on purpose.. It is a lot harder than they make it seem on 16 and pregnant I will tell you that much! lol It took me 8 months with my dd.

CafeMom Tickers
Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Cat tickers
.Gummy.
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:20 AM

mine is tilted and turned... they said hard not a mircale... thats actually pretty common. dont sweat it, it will happen. and to say you have a dropped uterus i mean was she serious? did the Dr. confirm that? sounds pretty extreme,  especially for you to not realize it before you were pregnant..im pretty sure youd feel that during sex and just in general.

and it was an ultrasound tech... her opinion on the situation isnt one i would worry about to much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Well I always noticed that when I would use tampons it was hard for me to use. Also, while having sex it always felt like my husband was hitting something...got to be so uncomfortable that i started to withdraw from sex and my husband was concerned but i didn't know what was wrong myself. My husband is just average in size so i knew something wasn't right. When I would have a pap test once a year that speculum would be sticking half way out of me and was hard for the physicians to do one with a regular size speculum. so i kind of figured before the ultrasound tech told me that my uterus was lower than normal. Even though it's been 17 month since I had my son I still have a hard time using tampons and having sex with my husband. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)