Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Men Get No Choice?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 177 Replies
3 moms liked this

Poll

Question: Fair?

Options:

Yes

No

Other explain!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 137

View Results

Here's a question:

Man and women get pregnant. One night stand condom broke whatever they tried to prevent it pregnancy but it didn't work out. Man wants her to get abortion or adoption she wants the kid. He's not interested in being a father but she won't allow him to sign off his rights. 

She forced him to be a 'father' by putting his name on the BC. 

If I've got this right then by most CM standers he's a POS father because he didn't want the kid to start and has no options or say in his ability to be a father or not. Mother can rape him over with child support etc and she's supported to do so. 

Now switch it. Women doesn't want the kid. Gives the kid up for adoption (without telling the father period) or has an abortion. Father doesn't get a choice.

No one takes shit out on the mother when she has her choices to make and makes them. But a man is forced into whatever choice the women makes not being able to sign off his rights or just walk away without him being an asshole or a jerk. What if there's real reason he wants or needs to walk away? Is this fair?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:07 AM

its not often the men will fight for their kids. That is sad.

EAzizM
by Erica on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:08 AM
It is the best double standard around.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:09 AM
2 moms liked this

That may be true but how many guys actually fight for their kids? Not that many, not enough to become an awareness.

Quoting EAzizM:

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

RoseBlossom
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:11 AM

no, not fair, but it is what it is until they start making babies exclusively in test tubes

LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I was raised by a single father, who did indeed fight for custody and won. But you are right, it is rare.

Quoting thetrollcat:

That may be true but how many guys actually fight for their kids? Not that many, not enough to become an awareness.

Quoting EAzizM:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:15 AM
15 moms liked this
First off, no women can Sign a father on the birth certificate. If that was te case, Channing tatum would've been the father to all 3 of my children. The father must be there and sign himself.

Second, questions like this are a dead end and if you want to question fairness then people should take it up with GOD, who made women then child bearers. There is absolutely NO way to make child bearing and responsibility 100% fair. Yes it sucks men don't have a say so, but you know what else sucks? The fact that a father can walk away from a child and be only ordered to pay money, yet a woman walks away from their child and they are facing neglect charges! Crimes that are commited against children in the household where the mother is sentenced TWICE more harsh than the father because the mother is supposed to be the "instinctive" one.

People just need to give it a rest.when men are able to carry a bear a child, maybe the laws will be "fair". Until then, there will always be a biased system and the only 100% solution to the problem is to stop fucking random people.

Life isn't fair, deal with it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:18 AM
9 moms liked this

If women can use the "my body, my choice" argument and decide to abort against the wishes of the father then I think the father should use a "my wallet, my choice" approach if the woman chooses to have the child against the wishes of the father. 

RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:19 AM
Where can a mother give a child up for adoption without the fathers consent? I know some shady adoption agencies will do that but if the father wants to child the mother can sign over the child to the father.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
callia123
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:19 AM
This.

(LOL on the Channing Tatum part)

Quoting Anonymous:

First off, no women can Sign a father on the birth certificate. If that was te case, Channing tatum would've been the father to all 3 of my children. The father must be there and sign himself.

Second, questions like this are a dead end and if you want to question fairness then people should take it up with GOD, who made women then child bearers. There is absolutely NO way to make child bearing and responsibility 100% fair. Yes it sucks men don't have a say so, but you know what else sucks? The fact that a father can walk away from a child and be only ordered to pay money, yet a woman walks away from their child and they are facing neglect charges! Crimes that are commited against children in the household where the mother is sentenced TWICE more harsh than the father because the mother is supposed to be the "instinctive" one.

People just need to give it a rest.when men are able to carry a bear a child, maybe the laws will be "fair". Until then, there will always be a biased system and the only 100% solution to the problem is to stop fucking random people.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:22 AM

I think i just peed myself!!! bahahah

Quoting Anonymous:

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured