Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

F***

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
My son is out of control I blame myself for co sleeping till he was 3. Now he wont stay asleep if no one sleeps with him!! Or he wont even go to sleep if your not in the room with him. He will complain that its to dark. He will say that he doesnt want to sleep alone. He will cry and throw a tantrum. S/O and I were asleep and he woke us up twice once at 2:24 am and again just now at 5am saying its too dark ( he has a night lamp so its not dark). Like how do I break this habit.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
minnesotamommie
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:35 AM
We sit with our dd's until they fall asleep and have a little bed made up on the floor in our room for our autistic dd to sleep on if she is having a bad night. You could try that so if he does wake up middle of the night he can come into your room and sleep in his little bed without waking you up
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
krissy920
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:54 AM
Just stick with it eventually he will get used to sleeping alone. You can always put a baby gate up if you need. I will say my five your old still wakes me up at night because shes scared of the dark
Ashes0813
by Candice on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:43 AM
Just be consistent and in time he will adjust. If you give in you have to start all over so do not relent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:44 AM

Let him cry and thorw a tantrum then. He will learn eventually, stand up to him!

MotherOF5Cuties
by Abby on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:44 AM
mine wake up in the middle of the night and come to my bed and we never did the co sleep
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:45 AM

lol good luck...that's why we never dreamt of co-sleeping.

CMcLaws
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Oh, don't do this Mama, what if you were in a really deep sleep and couldn't hear your ds and he couldn't get to you in an emergency? You'd never forgive yourself. :-(

I do agree with the 'stick with it' part. It will be rough for both of you and you'll probably lose a lot of sleep, but it will get easier. *Hugs* 

Quoting krissy920:

Just stick with it eventually he will get used to sleeping alone. You can always put a baby gate up if you need. I will say my five your old still wakes me up at night because shes scared of the dark

barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:52 AM

My daughter has rough nights where she doesn't want to go to bed or wants one of us to sleep with her. We never co slept per say but she would spend half the night when I nursed her. I started using the super nanny way. Take them to bed, say good night I love you, whatever it is you want. When they get out of bed then take them back say it is time for bed, good night. The third time and every time after say nothing and just take them back to bed. May take an hour the first night or so, eventually it will get to not getting out of bed. I also watched one with a child that didn't want mom out of the room. Mom stayed in the room on the floor and would slowly work her way out of the room. Don't remember that one very well as I only seen it that once, but the first one I was always seeing on the show. Works great when my daughter goes in to those moods, we just moved too and had to do it. BTW my daughter also comes in to our room, I tend to tell her she can sleep on the floor but she is not sleeping with us. GL

jakesmom323
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:54 AM
Just be consistent and eventually through many many nights, he'll stay. I know exactly what your going trough.
WithHope
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:56 AM
I disagree. I have a gate up for my son because I am afraid I won't hear him get up and he'll get hurt somewhere in the house, or worse yet, wander out of it. You raise a valid concern but I think each mama needs to evaluate the situation based on their child's personality.

Quoting CMcLaws:

Oh, don't do this Mama, what if you were in a really deep sleep and couldn't hear your ds and he couldn't get to you in an emergency? You'd never forgive yourself. :-(

I do agree with the 'stick with it' part. It will be rough for both of you and you'll probably lose a lot of sleep, but it will get easier. *Hugs* 

Quoting krissy920:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)