Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
My son is out of control I blame myself for co sleeping till he was 3. Now he wont stay asleep if no one sleeps with him!! Or he wont even go to sleep if your not in the room with him. He will complain that its to dark. He will say that he doesnt want to sleep alone. He will cry and throw a tantrum. S/O and I were asleep and he woke us up twice once at 2:24 am and again just now at 5am saying its too dark ( he has a night lamp so its not dark). Like how do I break this habit.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:31 AM
Replies (11-12):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:57 AM

Does he have a sibling that won't mind sharing a room ? We co-sleept with our girls and now they all share a bedroom. This helps because someone is always there. It really comforts my girls seeing someone is always right there beside them in the next bed.

If not a sibling, what about a new pet, like a puppy ? Try to find a good family breed. (ask your vet) My dh was an only child and when he was small he use to sleep with the family dog. It was comforting to him and kept him in bed.

If you really stop and think about it, even grown-ups like to have someone to cuddle up to at night. I know when my dh isn't in bed with me I find it hard to sleep.

cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:02 AM
I did the co-sleeping with Marissa for a few years, not exactly sure how I broke her of it, I guess getting her a new bed,. After that she has been really good on sleeping in her own bed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN