Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My opinion*ETA*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Unless a mother royally screws up a father should not be able to fight the mom for full custody. The justice system is screwed up and unfortunately a good mother goes unnoticed and often ends up losing custody of her child to a pos dad and his f'd up wife who doesn't have her son.

Bottom line NO GOOD MOTHER SHOULD LOSE CUSTODY UNLESS SHE ROYALLY SCREWS UP.

*ETA*

I said a good mom meaning one who takes care of her kids not a useless pos mom who abuses her kids. Good parents should be able to come to an agreement and put bad blood hatered aside for the kids. Pos moms deserve no custody, unfortunately a good mom is often over looked.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:44 AM

Why should a father not have the right to fight for custody?

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:46 AM
A father is just as much a parent as a mother is, so why shouldn't he fight for custody?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
krissy920
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:50 AM
In a few states mothers do not lose their children even when they are crappy so i think it depends on where you live. My x sil is a deadbeat mother who lies steals and does many other things, she finally lost custody after defax took her yongest..she got to keep her three older ones. So i think it depends on the judge and the state.
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:58 AM

Custody is not a one size fits all situation.

And what is your opinion of 'royally screwing up'? Are we talking 'I got caught stealing 5 DVDs' or 'I killed a guy for his wallet'?

kzuehlk
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:11 AM
I think a lot of states favor the mother. My SO has a son with an absolutel deadbeat. She exposes her children to all sorts of trash she brings home after only knowing them a few days. Most of her kids have been molested and abused by her boyfriends and at one point in time she completely abandoned my step son because she "couldnt handle his behavior". The kid was a normal 3yo! It still took us years and over 10k in court and lawyer fees to get him Mon-Fri. He still gets exposed to her crap on the weekends

Quoting krissy920:

In a few states mothers do not lose their children even when they are crappy so i think it depends on where you live. My x sil is a deadbeat mother who lies steals and does many other things, she finally lost custody after defax took her yongest..she got to keep her three older ones. So i think it depends on the judge and the state.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:13 AM

what?! a father is just as much a parent as the mother is. how is it fair that the father can lose custody

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:27 AM
Murder would be classified as royally screwing up drugs would be borderline if the mother seeks treatment then she can keep her child i'm bot talking stealing i'm talking murder then again the mother would automatically be in prison so she should lose all rights

Quoting sugarcrisp:

And what is your opinion of 'royally screwing up'? Are we talking 'I got caught stealing 5 DVDs' or 'I killed a guy for his wallet'?

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:36 AM

So a "good" father should lose automatically because mom is a good mom?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Read the ETA

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

So a "good" father should lose automatically because mom is a good mom?

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:36 AM

That's assuming the murder just took place. If the mother got out of prison she may get on her feet and fight for custody.

And quite frankly, I DO believe that the 'on track' parent deserves a bit more consideration that the fuck up parent. If that means the father gets more consideration, so be it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Murder would be classified as royally screwing up drugs would be borderline if the mother seeks treatment then she can keep her child i'm bot talking stealing i'm talking murder then again the mother would automatically be in prison so she should lose all rights

Quoting sugarcrisp:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured