Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i dont support same sex marriage.

Posted by   + Show Post
What do you think of when you hear someone say this? What if someone tells you they think being gay is wrong? Do you just consider it a difference of opinion? I'm not saying that this person is rude, or disrespectful towards homosexual people, just that in a conversation about said topic, they reveal their feeling on the subject.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:18 AM
Replies (191-200):
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Apparently you misread... I'm PRO gay marriage.

Also *I* can't get married straight or homosexual. So thanks for trying

Quoting Anonymous:

i feel that people like you are so ignornant......and should never say such things...i believe that if they are happy who are you to tell them that they can't share in the union of marriage, just like you

Quoting thefiregoddess:

i consider them a disgusting human being who should not be allowed to marry for being so ignorant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 33 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:25 PM

how come you cant get married firegoddess?

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Apparently you misread... I'm PRO gay marriage.

Also *I* can't get married straight or homosexual. So thanks for trying

Quoting Anonymous:

i feel that people like you are so ignornant......and should never say such things...i believe that if they are happy who are you to tell them that they can't share in the union of marriage, just like you

Quoting thefiregoddess:

i consider them a disgusting human being who should not be allowed to marry for being so ignorant.

Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:26 PM

It is just an opinion, everyone has a right to an opinion...as long as they aren't putting people down,.

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I ask them why they think their opinion should take way another's civil rights and cause inequality. I also ask them what they think will be harmed through all marriages between consenting adults being legal. I have yet to come across someone who can make a valid argument without using Biblical quotes, so usually it just gets dropped.

crazymammy25
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:28 PM

I'm not for or against it tbh, if you love someone you love them it's not down to me to tell them if it's right or wrong.

If I'm 100% honest though, I don't know how I'd feel about my daughter's or son being gay..guess I'll cross that bridge if we ever get to it :-)

jdfmommy
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I have gay and straight and bi friends and family... Do I agree with it? Not really. Do i judge them? No. Do i love them anyways? Yes. I think its just an opinion. I'm Christian and It specifically says in the bible no one of the same sex should be together. Its there life and there decision and im not here to judge anyone for anything.

Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Who said God even exists? If he/she/it exists, did they tell you personally that gays are sinning? I think the definition of sin is different for everyone. I don't believe sin exists. I believe we have laws in human form but other than that, we are animals. We do what we want, how we want and with whom we want without hurting others people. That's where I stand. I would never kill another person, abuse another person or intentionally hurt someone emotionally or physically. But if I fall in love with another woman, there is nothing wrong with that. Love is love. And if it isn't hurting anyone, then why be against it?

That is the problem I have with it. I hate when people throw around religion and beliefs just to discredit true love between two people. You know?

Quoting TranquilMind:

Fornication - sex outside of marriage before God - is a sin because is not in our best interest, not because God doesn't want us to have any fun.  So mock me.  I don't care.  But there is one way that works best, and there is a reason for that; because God said to do what is right.  Not just whatever we want.  Sexual activity is restricted to prevent us from getting and sharing diseases and in order to have a mother and a father to raise children, as it should be. 

That is what is wrong with it. 

And if you want to get disgusting, I still can't get that post here out of my head, where someone was talking about having anal sex and how it broke the ring there and she or he was now in diapers and needed surgery.  There is a physical reason we aren't supposed to be doing this kind of thing

So, there you go.  I'm just not "with it" today, but for very good reasons of societal stability.  Long marriage here, so doing the right thing works in the long run.

Quoting Ali5683:

That is not a fair comparison either. What is wrong with two men having sex or two women having sex if they are not commiting adultery and are both consenting to it?

Quoting TranquilMind:

No,prostitution is not a crime in many places. 

I agree with you that the comparison is not as close.  A better comparison can be made between engaging in homosexual behavior and engaging in adultery.  Both involve having sex with someone you shouldn't be having sex with.   

Quoting Ali5683:

You can't be for real!

Being gay is not a crime. Being a prostitute is. There is such a HUGE difference. I'm having a hard time figuring out how you can compare these two!! This makes no sense at all.

Quoting RoseBlossom:

they are both victimless crimes...thats the comparison but i guess i had to spell it out...

Quoting Ali5683:

You're comparing gays to prostitutes? Seriously?

Prostitution and gay marriage are completely different for obvious reasons.

Quoting RoseBlossom:

Prostitutes have feelings too, but they are not allowed to do what they want...guess everyone is just ignorant

Quoting Ali5683:

Those who think being gay is wrong are ignorant. They apparently don't know anyone who is gay or bisexual. The LGBT community is full of wonderful, loving, compassionate, hard working people who are just like us. We're all human, we all have feelings and deserve to be treated equally regardless of race, color, gender, sexual preference, etc. They are people who deserve to be treated equally and with respect. Have your opinions all you want but don't treat someone like garbage just because YOU have a difference of opinion and are stuck in 1950!

Times have changed. It's like womens rights and blacks rights. Women can now have choice to live with freedom and blacks are no longer slaves. Eventually this world will wake up and realize that gays are what our world went through with womens rights and slavery in the 20th century. Someday, gays will have more freedom and finally be able to live a life without being treated like shit.

Those who are parents and against being gay, I often ask what they would do if one or more of their children came out as being gay. Some have actually said they would no longer be in their lives because they still believe it's a sin. That makes me sick! I would never ever throw my kid out like a piece of garbage like that. Parents who feel that way need to learn the meaning of unconditional love!!

Leobaby2007
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:43 PM
I just think they believe that marriage is meant to be between a man and a woman. That's their opinion. It may not be what I believe, but that last time I looked, it was still a free country and we can say and think whatever we want, for the being anyway lol.

To be honest, I have no issue with gay marriage, but is it high up on my list of things I desperately want to see change in this country? Not really.
wittyscreenname
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Honestly, I feel sorry for them.

mummy1990
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:02 PM

How is letting someone marry the same gender in ANY way pushed on everyone else. Its more the opposite really. No one is telling you that you have accept it, morally, you don't have to accept it, but legally, you can't prevent it.

How can you say its being pushed on you, when it is not. If you don't like gay marriage you don't need to have one. I don't see how logically, you say that its being pushed on you.

I mean, its like this, I'm on a diet, so you can't eat that cupcake....ya get the idea? Its just stupid to think that gay marriage is imposing on your life somehow, because its not.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Every competent adult can now and always could marry.  There simply has never been any ability to marry someone of the same gender.  All of the sudden, this is being pushed on everyone, as if it is equivalent.  It isn't.   

Do what you want.  Just don't expect others to embrace it fully just because you want to do it. 

Quoting mummy1990:

But then that gives special treatment to traditional marriages. Meaning, if the gov doesn't make it equal rights for all, they are holding others right to marriage above others. Thats completely unfair. Its totally fine if people don't like gay marriage, whatever, its none of their business anyways, but to say that someone can't marry someone because they're gay, is wrong.

Saying marriage is only reserved for the few is disgusting. What you're saying, when you vote no for gay marriage, you're saying you are better and they don't deserve the same rights as you. Its the truth. The ONLY reason why gay marriage isn't legal, is because of religious beliefs. There is no other solid reason.

Quoting TranquilMind:

See, I don't hear that at all.  Just because someone doesn't support same sex marriage doesn't mean that person has any authority whatsoever over anyone else.  Why can't he/she be free to have his opinion without your interference? 

The government has always supported marriage throughout the centuries.  But now, the tide is to change the definition of marriage, and I don't think that can be done.  People can have any relationships they want in a free society, but that doesn't make it "marriage." 

Quoting mummy1990:

Its fine to have an opinion, and to be against it, but its completely wrong to prevent others from doing what they will with their lives. When I hear "I don't support same sex marriage." I hear, I think its okay for the government to impede on the rights of others just to satisfy my beliefs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)