Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i dont support same sex marriage.

Posted by   + Show Post
What do you think of when you hear someone say this? What if someone tells you they think being gay is wrong? Do you just consider it a difference of opinion? I'm not saying that this person is rude, or disrespectful towards homosexual people, just that in a conversation about said topic, they reveal their feeling on the subject.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:18 AM
Replies (201-210):
LovinLife81
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:06 PM

I don't think that homosexuals are right. But that's my own opinion I don't run through the streets screaming it and I have friends that are homosexuals but what they do in the privacy of their own bedrooms are really no consequence to me. 

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:15 PM

If someone says it in passing, I usually don't comment. 

If they say it then ask my opinion, I tell them that I disagree. I don't feel that someone else's personal beliefs, be they religious or otherwise, shoud dictate who another person loves or marries. If you think homosexuality is wrong, then don't practice it.

If they then go off on a religious tangent about God and sin and the Bible, I find a way to get away from them because this is a subject I definitely do not want to discuss with them :)

kels1023
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:19 PM

It really upsets me.  I have actually ended friendships because people are homophonic.  Although, I guess being homophobic is a little different than just not believing in same sex marriage. It still upsets me.  Some of my very best friends are gay. My unborn childs uncle is gay AND a drag queen and he's one of the funniest people I've ever met.  You have a right to be in love and get married no matter what your preference is. I don't think anyone has the right to tell someone who they should and shouldn't be allowed to marry.  I'm proud to say I'm from Washington, and we just legalized same sex marriage :)  

Love and be loved <3

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:19 PM

I'm fine with disagreements. What I am not OK with is thinking that homosexuality is wrong and wanting to keep gay marriage illegal. I couldn't care less if it makes me judgemental and my kids are just fine because they aren't being raised by hateful, bigoted parents.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Judgmental much?  I would think the same thing about someone who cannot tolerate disagreement in any political area.  Good luck with that when your kids get older!

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

My thoughts are that they are close minded, hateful, disgusting and not someone I wish to associate with. I also feel bad for their children.

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Quoting LovinLife81:

I don't think that homosexuals are right. But that's my own opinion I don't run through the streets screaming it and I have friends that are homosexuals but what they do in the privacy of their own bedrooms are really no consequence to me. 

It must be nice to have a friend who doesn't think you are *right*. Do your *Friends* know you feel this way?

marihla
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I don't like to get into arguments about it, but I will state my opinion. I usually leave it at "but we don't need to get into this.."

I'm pro-gay BTW.

Jessica198027
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I would just chalk it up to a diff of opinion. My best friend is gay and if he wanted to get married and wanted me to be there u better believe I would be there for him no matter what. Yes I was shocked when I first found out he was gay. I had known him since I was 13 and he was 12 and have been friends since then and even had a crush on him in high school and he knew I told him it was hard to say but I told him I liked him. So shocked yes but do I except it? Yes without a doubt.

hootowl21
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:16 PM
It doesn't bother me if someone doesn't support it or thinks its wrong. Only when they stand in the way or cause problems does it become an issue.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LovinLife81
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:17 PM

yes they do its just a difference of opinion really I am a devout Catholic and have atheist friends I don't care what other believe in order to be friends as long as they are good people. I do think sex before marriage is "right" either but I have friend that are single parents never been married.

Quoting Lcare whatkrsCmQut:

Quoting LovinLife81:

It must be nice to have a friend who doesn't think you are *right*. Do your *Friends* know you feel this way?

Aislinn
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Quoting wkukid:

I think of ignorance and closed mindedness. Most people didn't like black people years ago, they didn't think they deserved equal rights either.

This.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)