Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Good or bad idea?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I want to get my four year old a tablet. She loves playing games and taking pictures. I can get one fairly cheap for around 150$. Is this a bad idea?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:45 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:00 AM
She has a leap pad. It SUUUUUCKS .

Quoting Syphon:

Tablets are pretty easy to break....maybe a Leap Pad or a Leapster would be better. They are really durable.

ncohetero
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:01 AM
A good idea. I got my two year old a nabi 2 tablet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PerfectVirgo
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:47 AM
I'm getting my 6dd a leap pad , the leap pads tablet. She's a bit rough. ;)

Quoting Syphon:

Tablets are pretty easy to break....maybe a Leap Pad or a Leapster would be better. They are really durable.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy_ruggs09
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:49 AM
What apps did you get? I've been trying to find some for ds and there's so many apps to try to go through.

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

It's a great idea. My sister is 4 and I downloaded some learning apps on my iPhone. She loves them and does great. I'd buy her a tablet but my mom won't let me. My moms old school.... She's 47.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:50 AM
Good idea
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:51 AM
I wouldn't spend 150 though! You can get one for half that price and for a 4 year old I would.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks everyone! She loves playing games on my phone, so I think I'll do it
PerfectVirgo
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:28 AM

I just searched "Pre-K" and picked a few of the higher rated ones. I only got the free ones though. She likes Flow, but that's not really educational. And i have one called dress up princess!, it's a knockoff of Disney princess because she loves to play the dress up games online.

Quoting mommy_ruggs09:

What apps did you get? I've been trying to find some for ds and there's so many apps to try to go through.

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

It's a great idea. My sister is 4 and I downloaded some learning apps on my iPhone. She loves them and does great. I'd buy her a tablet but my mom won't let me. My moms old school.... She's 47.

arilolojrsmom
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:29 AM

no its not a bad idea thats what i am getting my 5 year old on her bday and my 4 years for her bday

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:30 AM
It's not a bad idea if you can afford it and don't mind her playing it. Get insurance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:48 AM

if you want to, go for it.  i got my 4yo a nexus 7 tablet for christmas.  i've already configured it and created her own user profile so i can control what she has access to (one of the main reasons why i decided with the nexus 7).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)