Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

410 dollars behind. UPDATE!!!!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:28 AM
  • 117 Replies

That's how much my employer will owe me by the end of this week. I'm supposed to be getting paid 150 every week but ever since thanksgiving I haven't been paid much. I have only been paid a hundred total since. Their dad only wants to pay me 300 this week and their mom only wants to pay me 150 because she wants to go christmas shopping and if she double pays me she won't be able to this week. Now my question is how do I tell her that even by paying double they still owe me money and do I just be heartless and say I want it all this week.

Ok so I told her on Monday that she needed to pay me and that we could work something out. Well I told her I wanted 50 today and the other 350 on Friday. I have everything in writing. I ended up going to er Monday night and had to call in Tuesday. I have pulled all my muscles in my lower back so I cant bend down and clean up the way I normally would. She then texted me today saying that she is only going to pay me what I'm worth becuase I didnt clean up yesterday becuase I was in so much pain I was scryig by the end of the day. Today will probaly be my last day.

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poeticrose09
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:32 AM
bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:32 AM
2 moms liked this
You have crappy employers. They need to realize your services aren't free.
RLT2
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:34 AM

How are you being heartless, and they're not?

poeticrose09
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:35 AM
The dad thinks I charge to much because according to him I don't do anything all day. I take care of his two toddlers ages three and two while I'm pregnant twelve or more hours a day five days a week. He thinks it should be less than what they have to pay and if I work only a half day cuz of a doc apt he thinks I shoudlbt be paid at all.

Quoting Mychele:

You have crappy employers. They need to realize your services aren't free.

brittany208
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Do you work for your family? I don't know what to tell you, sorry :(

poeticrose09
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:36 AM
Idk that's just how I feel right now and I don't want it to seem like I only care about the money

Quoting RLT2:

How are you being heartless, and they're not?

zoegirlsmom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Unless you are a volunteer, never work without pay, it sets a precedence for future pay periods.

poeticrose09
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:36 AM
No I'm a nanny to two toddlers

Quoting brittany208:

Do you work for your family? I don't know what to tell you, sorry :(

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:37 AM
2 moms liked this
Tell them to pay a daycare and see how he likes what they charge. They won't allow him to get away with not paying too. Why does he think he's entitled to free child care services ?
poeticrose09
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:37 AM
So how do I tell them they owe me that much money by Friday without coming off as only caring about money.

Quoting zoegirlsmom:

Unless you are a volunteer, never work without pay, it sets a precedence for future pay periods.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)