Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Please keep in mind that not all of us on fs are proud about it

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
It's just a little frustrating when moms here generalize about "all of you on fs". Yes, I've seen a million posts of moms bragging about how much they got and all the crap they bought with it. I've seen posts of moms "showing off" because they got approved for more.
All that only makes me more ashamed of being on them. Thank God we have been getting less and less and I have been working my butt off to get where we want to be but still need the extra help. I know one day I will make a post (without anon) saying that we no longer receive help. In the meantime remember that not all of us have dedicated our lives to reproduce while being "SAHM" and living off welfare.
Glad to let that of my chest
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
702girly
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:25 AM
2 moms liked this

Shame is good in this context. It encourages you to keep working towards something better.

People who have no shame are content to sit on their fat asses and never do anything to get off the damn food stamps.

Stormycrystal
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Im in your shoes. I have a full time job but still need a little help. I work my butt off everyday to keep my family taken care of
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:37 AM
I have no issue with "my tax dollars" helping someone who is helping themselves. Good luck mama!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:39 AM
I feel the same way. I lost my job and have been trying to make ends meet. I'm a widow with two kids. I was desperate and needed help to feed my kids. Someday I will not need help. I have a plan and my kids won't continue the welfare cycle.
AleaKat
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Oh yes I agree.
When I was pregnant with my first we were in WIC but as soon as we were able we got off it.

Last year my husband and I were both laid off at the same time. We went without but we immediately put the kids on Medicaid. They were and are very young and were still getting many if their shots and such. Hubby has a good paying job now and we still have Medicaid as a secondary to his company healthcare because if the Medicaid policy- once you are approved you stay on it for a full year no matter the change in income.
Once the year is up we are Free.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:42 AM

eye rolling

risaspieces
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:43 AM
You will be so happy when you're finally off them!! Dh and I had to use fs for 5 months this year, last month we were able to get off them.
macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I am not against food stamps.  It just frustrates me when people aren't actively working to get off them.  "Oh I'll go back to work/school when my youngest is in school."  No if you can't provide your kid with the basics you need to work now.

If you are doing all you can, not to need them, then kudos to you and good luck!

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:43 AM
I truly truly truly don't believe but maybe 10% of people on pa are "working just so they can get off" because "they're ashamed".
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Thank you. I know 2013 will be a better year because I've worked so hard for it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have no issue with "my tax dollars" helping someone who is helping themselves. Good luck mama!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)