Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want 5 children feel like I get a lot of ridicule from family about it and have heard of people judging big families what are your thoughts?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 78 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you judge large families?

Options:

Yes

NO

Only if they can't afford the family they have

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 123

View Results

I currently have 2 children and am pregnant with my third. My family doesn't give good reason why we shouldnt have that many and his family just hates me so they are upset we have the two that we have.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:31 AM
2 moms liked this

How many children you have is entirely between you and your husband, although I do think it's irresponsible of people to have more babies if they can't afford the ones they have already.

ambermario4ever
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:31 AM

It's none of my business how many kids other people have. Do what makes you happy.

winkyloafer
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:31 AM
I'm from one but my parents could afford it.

Seriously, if you can't afford a large family, don't have one. This doesn't include people who are receiving benefits to get through because then a lot of people would just get pissy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:32 AM
5 isn't a large family, lmao. I have 12 full blood siblings. It's been awesome!
5 seems small to me, hehe.
Anonymous
O think its fine if you can support them , and while I don't bash people for welfare (i recieve fs myself ) I don't think you should continue to have kids if you need it.
Anonymous

I am the youngest of five kids. We were ridiculed harshly by our peers in school. I never remember being made a target by adults when I was growing up.  It may have had to do with our behaviour though. I remember getting compliments in stores for being well behaved when I was woth all four of my siblings and both parents.

Lizardannie1966
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:33 AM

If you're responsible on all levels, financially and otherwise, who's business is it that you want a large family?

I say if you are that responsible parent, go forth and procreate a herd. It's YOUR decision.

TrouserMouse
by Emerald Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:33 AM
I am pregnant with my fifth. I also have two soon to be step kiddos. Obviously, I don't judge. I also don't feel judged. Everyone that knows maybe me knows that I can afford it and I take good care of them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I am the oldest of 5 kids and my mom never had any time for me,to help me with my homework or just play,so I say go for it but make sure you can afford them and take care of them equally

mummy1990
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Do what makes you happy, and if you can afford to have that many, go for it. Don't let anyone stop you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured