Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Calling all cafemom doctors... Update well not much of one...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Since Thursday I have had a severe headache, ear ache, facial pain and a very tender spot on my neck. No other symptoms as to a cold. Tonsils look fine. It hurts to swallow at times but in my neck. It hurts to sleep on my side and I am waking up from the pain. I can't touch this spot on my neck or pain shoots up my face. I go to the doctor tomorrow but I am scared to death and stressed this might be something serious. This is the second time this year it has happened. The first time I went to emergency and they found nothing. They were more concerned about the headaches cause I had suffered a migraine a few weeks before that for my first time. The catscan was normal. I felt the doctor didn't get what I was trying to say about my neck. I was in pain and frustrated. Now I am just scared and concerned. Anyone ever experience this?

12/11/2012
Went to my primary doctor. She did the normal routine check of ears and throat ..all normal. Felt around my neck, asking does it hurt there? Told her its only a certain spot and of course she finally found it. I about jumped off the table. Well once again I have stumped my doctor and she is sending me to an Ent and ordered me a ct scan for my neck. She is leaning to swollen lymph nodes but doesn't want to treat me without being for sure. So I agreed with taking anything besides what I have been doing until somebody can figure out. I did however figure out that in July I had the same issue I couldn't recall the exact month. At least the trip gave me some answers. So now just waiting on them to schedule the scan cause of course my secondary insurance needs a pre authorization. Or I would of been scheduled tomorrow. So I will keep you updated on my mystery.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Sounds like sinus infection
Amy1973Potts
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Abscess? Fever? Peritonsilar area abscess? And ask them this time to explain it in a way you understand. Get a printout of your visit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:45 AM
I have no other symptoms that would indicate a infection or virus. Just pain. I have had a sinus infection before and my face hurt right around my cheek bones to my nose. This is completely different. Last night the pain shot down to my shoulders up to my forehead but just the side of my face.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Have you seen a chiropractor, you might have a pinched nerve or something out of place

Quoting Anonymous:

I have no other symptoms that would indicate a infection or virus. Just pain. I have had a sinus infection before and my face hurt right around my cheek bones to my nose. This is completely different. Last night the pain shot down to my shoulders up to my forehead but just the side of my face.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:49 AM
No fever. No abscess that I can see. I think my mistake was going to the er. I don't think the doctor understood that it was my neck not my tonsils even though I did say that. I was glad they were concerned about the headaches and I know migraines cause neck pain. So the catscan was some what of a confirmation. I am just scared because its in the same location as before. I can't even touch my neck to see if there is a lump or anything cause it hurts that bad to touch it

Quoting Amy1973Potts:

Abscess? Fever? Peritonsilar area abscess? And ask them this time to explain it in a way you understand. Get a printout of your visit.

mz23
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:50 AM
My mom had something similar like that. The doctors thought it was an ear infection, then migraines. They gave her medicine but it was for symptoms she wanted them to figure out what was wrong. She got a CAT scan but it came back clear. she had tension headaches from stress. She gets massages and hasn't had those bad headaches since.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:50 AM
No never been to one. If my doctor don't figure this out, that maybe something to look into. I didn't even think of that..thanks

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you seen a chiropractor, you might have a pinched nerve or something out of place

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:52 AM
No problem , I love mine I get pinched nerves all the time, make sure its a good one though. a bad one can do nothing or make it.worse , good luck

Quoting Anonymous:

No never been to one. If my doctor don't figure this out, that maybe something to look into. I didn't even think of that..thanks

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:54 AM
It's weird cause it started with pain at first then I had a mild headache and took Advil. The headache went but the neck pain was still there. It's just an area on my neck below where they would feel for swollen glands. Right where they take your pulse. No other area. My ear will hurt while I try to lay down so I haven't got much rest since Thursday night :(

Quoting mz23:

My mom had something similar like that. The doctors thought it was an ear infection, then migraines. They gave her medicine but it was for symptoms she wanted them to figure out what was wrong. She got a CAT scan but it came back clear. she had tension headaches from stress. She gets massages and hasn't had those bad headaches since.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:56 AM
I will look into one if I get no answers tomorrow. I can't keep having restless nights with no relief.

Quoting Anonymous:

No problem , I love mine I get pinched nerves all the time, make sure its a good one though. a bad one can do nothing or make it.worse , good luck

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)