Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My kids weren' invited :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 151 Replies
My niece is having a sleepover on Friday night for her Bday. At the Bday party they are doing glamour shots with a photographer, going to the movies and having a sleepover. The next day they are having cake and icecream and presents. My family and my sisters is very close. We live within 2 min. Of wach other. My DD's age 8 and 14 often stay the night with my niece and she is going to be 13 and often stays the night here with them. However when ever her friends are around she ignores my girls. It seems she only wants to hang out with them when her friends aren't available :( she didn't invite either one of my girls to her sleepover. This is kind of upsetting to them and made me mad. What do you think? Should my niece have invited them?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Oh but they are invited over the next day for cake and icecream.
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:46 PM
6 moms liked this

If it's for her friends, no.   It's her choice who to invite.

beerabitch69
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:47 PM
10 moms liked this

Its her party, she can invite who she wants.  Yes it may sting, but there really isn't anything you can do about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:47 PM
3 moms liked this

Your girls are family, and she wanted her friends at her party. It is what it is.

saral2790
Did you talk to their patents about it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
areyouatroll
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't go to cake and ice cream either.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh but they are invited over the next day for cake and icecream.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

No, especially the 8 year old.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

gotnothinonme
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:48 PM

truthfully, I'd probably be upset too- if the kids were- but I wouldn't make or seek an invite or they'll just be ostrasized and resented while there. I can't believe your sister didn't talk to her dd about this, I'd have noticed and addressed this in my family, kwim?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:48 PM

yeah it would of hurt my feelings but maybe she just wanted her friends and will celebrate with family later.It would be nice of your sister to explain

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Well the party is for her and her friends. Honestly that may be very awkward for your children to hang with her friends. I say being invited for the cake and ice cream is good.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured