Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 5 month old just fell off the couch

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

onto the hardwood floor. Besides crying she seems okay but what should I do? I don't think a doctor is needed but I'm still worried. Help?

Edit for those that can't read followups:

I'm at work. DBF is home with her. He texted, I went through the rundown what to look out for and to keep an eye on her but I don't need to call her Pedi and have an overzealous nurse report it to CPS. I came on to ask if there was anything ELSE I should be looking out for.

And I'll say it again. DBF was sitting RIGHT NEXT TO HER reaching down into the diaper bag. It happened in a split second so all those bitches claiming that she was left unattended can cram it. It's not helpful and obviously incorrect.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Replies (51-60):
msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:48 PM
She'll be fine. My dd rolled off the drs exam table with me and her pediatrician standing there. We both caught her before she hit the ground.

She rolled off the bed a few times. When they first start rolling over its hard to remember they are more mobile, especially since it happens over night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Lol what?

Keep on trolling... hope its fun for you

Quoting Anonymous:

oh god. it starts with an "accidental fall off the couch with him RIGHT THERE" and next week or next month, itll be.. omg. my baby is now not breathing, and i swear he was just with her for a minute by herself!!!  smh--

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roardiva
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:53 PM
You must be one of those perfect parents that never had a child fall. *rolls eyes*

Op what part of her hit the ground?

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't leave your 5 month old unintended on a couch?!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Elayna90
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:55 PM
It happens. She'll be fine. Just keep an eye on her and make sure she is acting normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacefaceninja
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Another piece of advice....if you just  HAVE to get the first smartass comment in...maybe you should make sure you are using the correct words. lol....just sayin. It kinda takes away from the humor.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:08 PM
the sad part is, cps can still get you (if they wanted to) if you're not changing them on a changing table w/ belt or on the floor, and they get hurt, you can get in trouble. my ds fell out of a shopping cart at that age =/ hope your baby is okay

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah not helpful. Besides I didn't my boyfriend did. He was reaching down in the diaper bag to change her diaper and she rolled off.

Quoting Anonymous:

itsm3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:14 PM

this.

and don't beat yourself up, mama.  it happens... if she's fine and playing and active, she's probably ok.  if she's lethargic or crying or doing something out of the ordinary, take her ot the ER or the doctor.

my dd fell off the couch once, too.  i freaked the hell out and called my hubs and everyone else i knew.  dd was fine.  she didn't even cry; more stunned than anything and i was the one bawling like a baby.  

just keep an eye out.  i'm sure she's ok.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Just watch her and see if she seems OK. Don't let her go to sleep for a while. Watch her pupils to ensure they look normal. If you're worried, call your pedi for phone advice.

TarantulaTress
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Never said I was perfect, nor am I judging. Don't be so defensive. Typically those who are defensive are guilty if something. Just saying. :)

Quoting parentalrights1:

Quoting TarantulaTress:
. Lol go somewhere else judgy perfect bitches

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NewMama28
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:57 PM
As long as shes not puking or acting funny.. no gooseeggs, etc Shes fine.

It happens to the best of us!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MJuliet
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:01 AM

hey, this happened to us, it happens to 90% of babies, just some mothers don't want to admit it because they think they are so much better.

My ped told us that if they fall no more than their height, they would be find. like if they were standing and felt backwards, it wouldn't hurt him, so I dont think a sofa seat is taller than a 5 month old? but its been a little while so I could be wrong.

And anyone who said they were going to call CPS needs to get laid.

-Melissa Juliet
vote for my blog pretty please! just click on " the best mom blogs" picture and your golden!
Thank you!
www.MePlusYouAndTWO.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN