Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Young kids, share a meal or have their own?

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:11 PM
  • 15 Replies

When you go to a restaurant with your younger kids, do you let them each order their own meal or do you order one and let them share?

My girls are almost 3 and 4. I let them both decide and order one meal for them to share. They never eat an entire meal and it goes to waste. One meal between the two of them usually seems to be the perfect amount. Not to mention they pick off mine or my husband's plate.

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:12 PM
I eat like a bird, so we generally all share one meal, haha...restaurant portions are huge...unless it's somewhere where orders are small (tapas, sushi, etc) then they get their own...I usually can't stand children's menu choices...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danie24
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:12 PM
My 5 and 7 year olds share because they can't even finish it when they are sharing LOL
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I have never made my kids share a meal. If a meal is too much for them to each have one we take the rest home and they can have it later.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:13 PM

When Naeem was younger we would share a meal :)  We both eat like a bird!  Now, that he's a little older he gets his meal...  most of the time a kids meal.  Whatever he doesn't eat we take home for later.

CheyanneW
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:13 PM
My kids are not close in age so they don't share with each other. But my 2 year old shares with either DH or myself.
MommyFlood
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:13 PM
I just have one 3 yr old DD, I let her order what she wants. She's generally a good eater so if she had a sibling I don't know that I'd make her share.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:14 PM

When they were little, we always let them each order off the kid's menu.  As she started to get older, dd and I would share.  Now, dd's off to college and dh and I share, and 15yo ds gets his own.  We always think most restaurants give you way too much food.  When DD is home we usually get 2 meals with 2 extra plates and dine sort of 'family style.'

allycally
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Nope they always get their own
xixCandyxix
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Yes under the age of 5 I'd more than likely have them share a meal. Maybe get them an appetizer to split with it if they eat a lot.

AmyG1976
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I have always let my kids in a restaurant pick out their own food and always have gotten them their own meals once they started eating like 2yrs old and up I just take home what they don't eat they can eat it later and even at 2 every now that then one would eat and entire kids meal so rather have enough or more than not enough...

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"   MLK
~A wife of 14 years to B mommy of 16 years to J, 11 year old D, 9 year old M, and our miracle baby born at 26 weeks J 7 years.           http://www.freewebs.com/sacredjourneys/index.htm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN