Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young kids, share a meal or have their own?

Posted by   + Show Post

When you go to a restaurant with your younger kids, do you let them each order their own meal or do you order one and let them share?

My girls are almost 3 and 4. I let them both decide and order one meal for them to share. They never eat an entire meal and it goes to waste. One meal between the two of them usually seems to be the perfect amount. Not to mention they pick off mine or my husband's plate.

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Replies (11-15):
jbirdsladie27
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:16 PM
They've always gotten their own
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
summerbear
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:17 PM
My 2yo (will be 3 in Feb.) and 16mo share a meal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ivy801
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Children's menu selections suck so is usually a share between hubby and me  and her. Unless there's something she wants and I know she will eat it all. I will orobably divide once I have a second child.

piratepixie
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:23 PM

it would depend on the age of the children, if they are really young and want to eat the same thing then i see no reason why i should order two of the same thing and then take the chance of them not finishing both of them. and then to have it sit in the car for hours while we run around shopping or doing other things!?  my purse is not a magic carpet bag, even if the family see it like that at times, I'm not going to carry food around so that it can get everything in there gross...

youknowimloved
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:24 PM

It just depends on where we are, how hungry we are, how they are acting, etc.  Sometimes they share, sometimes not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured