Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this a normal letter to get from the kids school?!?!?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Good Morning Parents,

It has been a tradition at   ------------ to give the teachers $$$ to spend while our little ones are waiting for Santa to arrive. 

I would like to start a collection this week through Tuesday of next week.  If everyone could please bring $20.00 per child this would cover giving both (teacher 1)and (teacher 2) $200.00 each.  As well, if you want to bring them something else please feel free to do so.

It is the Holiday spirit and there is no time like now to thank those who watch over our little ones while we are at work. 

This collection would only be for our room teachers. 

I hope that we can count everyone in again this year.  Please drop a check ( preferably ) for $20.00 in an envelope in Hunter’s box at school.  Again, I will start collecting today through next Tuesday.  That way, we can give it to them during our classroom party right after the performance.

Thank you all in advance for giving!

Xxxxxxx

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
casah4
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:50 PM

We're not allowed to solicit for money at my kids' schools.

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:50 PM
2 moms liked this
Wtf? I'd show the principal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:50 PM

What in the heck?

Is this a gift for the teacher?

My school district is having a bake sale. The proceeds go to the teachers for the CLASSROOMS. 

And it's entirely optional.

mary841108
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

no lol thats really rude too

ff-princess
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

no, I have an 18 year old and have never seen a letter like that.  he's attended public and private schools too, never ever have I seen such a thing.  screw that.  and you'd think they'd give you a little more than 2 weeks' notice to pull $20 out of your ass - for each kid.

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Yah I would not do it. I NORMALY get gifts for the teachers but I would not if letters like that were sent. 

mantyangel
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I have never received such a request and I have 3 kids in school.

tiggerbabie177
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:51 PM

hell no....not even close...never got a thing like this before!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I have never seen a letter like that from my kids school. I would be very offend that they are demanding 20.00 bucks, so there teachers can get the money. I would be calling the school finding out what this is all about and no i wouldn't send the money. However, if I felt the teacher was a good teacher, I would get them a gift from my child. But it wouldn't be money.

luvmymunchkins3
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Nothing like that but dd got a letter last week asking if we wanted to bring in money for the teacher class gift they are getting her a gift card but if we didn't want to we didn't have to i gave dd 25$ to give towards it her teacher is amazing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)