Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this a normal letter to get from the kids school?!?!?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Good Morning Parents,

It has been a tradition at   ------------ to give the teachers $$$ to spend while our little ones are waiting for Santa to arrive. 

I would like to start a collection this week through Tuesday of next week.  If everyone could please bring $20.00 per child this would cover giving both (teacher 1)and (teacher 2) $200.00 each.  As well, if you want to bring them something else please feel free to do so.

It is the Holiday spirit and there is no time like now to thank those who watch over our little ones while we are at work. 

This collection would only be for our room teachers. 

I hope that we can count everyone in again this year.  Please drop a check ( preferably ) for $20.00 in an envelope in Hunter’s box at school.  Again, I will start collecting today through next Tuesday.  That way, we can give it to them during our classroom party right after the performance.

Thank you all in advance for giving!

Xxxxxxx

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Replies (21-30):
PurplePieguy
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Nope, my kids have NEVER brought a letter like that home.

jas_momof2
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Is this a public school?

AmyG1976
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

wow okay my kids left public school a few years ago and in the two different ones we attended during holidays we did have like the head room parent sometimes get one gift for the teacher and everyone donate money to this however it was like $5 or less(and by choice ur kid would not be excluded from the card if you couldnt donate..) to get the teacher one bigger gift instead of kids who want to trying to find something to bring the teacher ... we started homeschooling only like 3 years ago so I cant see inflation being that insane. 

BEXi
by BEXi on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

what the fuck

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:52 PM

That's nothing. In my daughter's pre-K, the letter asked for $135 per family. Wtf?!

msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope never received such a letter. I'd tell the pta to get bent. For teacher appreciation week we give coffee and the kids make pictures. $200 they are nuts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ivy801
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Get the feeling someone else is gonna pocket  that money. I would never send that much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

As well, if you want to bring them something else please feel free to do so.

Who the hell wrote this letter??!!

It's from another parent that's taking up a collection to give them after the christmas play

bcuz2pplfelnlv
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this
outrageous
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
t1gger143
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:53 PM
No
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)