Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this a normal letter to get from the kids school?!?!?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Good Morning Parents,

It has been a tradition at   ------------ to give the teachers $$$ to spend while our little ones are waiting for Santa to arrive. 

I would like to start a collection this week through Tuesday of next week.  If everyone could please bring $20.00 per child this would cover giving both (teacher 1)and (teacher 2) $200.00 each.  As well, if you want to bring them something else please feel free to do so.

It is the Holiday spirit and there is no time like now to thank those who watch over our little ones while we are at work. 

This collection would only be for our room teachers. 

I hope that we can count everyone in again this year.  Please drop a check ( preferably ) for $20.00 in an envelope in Hunter’s box at school.  Again, I will start collecting today through next Tuesday.  That way, we can give it to them during our classroom party right after the performance.

Thank you all in advance for giving!

Xxxxxxx

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Replies (951-956):
Chellie13
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:27 AM

LOL. That's funny.

F*ck them.

Merry Christmas! :)

MOPTOP49
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I THINK THIS IS AWFUL.  AT MY GRANDSON'S SCHOOLS THEY HAVE YOU SHOP FOR SANTA AT SCHOOL FOR YOUR FAMILY.  I DON'T THINK THEY SHOULD DO THIS EITHER.   SOME KIDS CAN'T AFFORD TO DO IT AND MOST OF THE STUFF IS JUST CHEAP JUNK.  MY KIDS CAN AFFORD FOR THEIR KIDS TO DO IT BUT I STILL THINK IT SHOULD BE STOPPED.  THAT'S JUST MY OLD FASHION OPINION.  SCHOOLS JUST  ASK PARENTS TO BUY TOO MUCH.  I COULD RAMBLE ON AND ON!!!

cmlkb
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:58 PM
I used to get those kind of letters requesting $ for teachers, coaches and more...all too steep of a request for me. It's very awkward, presumptuous, tacky. The community I live in is very well off in general so most don't think of such an amount being extravagant, but for me it would be, especially with a large family and donating for each teacher, coach etc. A collection is fine if an amount is not specified and everyone feels free to give what they wish/can. I always gave a small gift more within my limits, more of a token of appreciation, and a handwritten and personal note.
MikeysMom22
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM

It sounds to me like the letter was written by perhaps a room parent or some other parents got together and thought a LARGE group gift would be a good idea. OK if you bought two gifts and spent 10 each that would be $20 dollars but to give each teacher 200 dollars?? That sounds a bit extreme. I wonder if anyone approved the letter before it was sent home. When my son was still in school, everything had to go thru the principal before it could be sent home. I would ask about it. Not the teachers of course because that would put them in an awkward spot.

Yes, and to say you can add something else. Why not just do your something else instead of the 20 dollars then?

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

As well, if you want to bring them something else please feel free to do so.

Who the hell wrote this letter??!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:09 PM

thats ridiculous. the fact they think we owe them anything is stupid. First of all not everyone has money. secondly, if i had $20 i would put that towards Gas in my car or pay a bill. If i had money i still wouldnt do it. i think its really lame

BeanieBlue
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Wow! Bitchy much???? Oh, did I spell BITCH right?

Quoting Anonymous:

Considering no such person exists.  Good luck!   Maybe if your parents had spent more money on your schooling, then you would be able to spell correctly.

Quoting BeanieBlue:

Wow!! Soliciting money from kids(parents) so the teacher has 'spending money'?! WTH?????  When I firt read the post, I was thinking the $20 per child was so that the KIDS would have spending money while they wait...THAT would be fine!! This, however...SOOOO not okay!!! In my opinion, that's rude and greedy of the teachers!! How is it even LEGAL for teachers to solicit 'spending money' in this way???

I think I'd be sticking that letter under the superintendant's nose and demanding an explanation! And yes...'Superintentant'! I'd be going right over the principal's head, without hesitation. Wow!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)