Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't understand how people can be SO disconnected from their kids.

I was shopping at Toys r us today, and I was looking at the LaLaLoopsy dolls. The lady next to me started asking me questions about them, like what ages they were for and if they are a popular toy. I was like yeah, they are popular my 4 year old is just starting to get into them. And the lady was like "Oh, I wonder if my 15 year old would like this. I don't know what she likes any more." 

I just smiled and went on my way... but I was thinking damn lady, you must not know your daughter at ALL if you can even consider a LalaLoopsy doll as an appropriate gift for a 15 year old. How sad! 

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:12 PM
Replies (41-45):
Birdie100
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Sounds odd, but you never know maybe her daughter is growing up very slowly, you never know these days.  It's hard to believe her judgement would be that far off!

MamaRae85
by *you're on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Innocent and sweet 80s girls. LOL No, I'm just kidding. I know they existed. I just always think of Madonna in the 80s. She was pretty vamp-y back then. =)

I know what you mean, though. I remember getting "cutesy" stuff when I was a teen and I just loved it. I think I would have loved a Lalaloopsey doll as a decoration in my room.

Quoting momtoallkids:

1980s lol

Quoting MamaRae85:

So....1762? lol

Quoting momtoallkids:

I played with barbies until I was 16 but that was back in a time when little girls were innocent and sweet and not dressed as littles vamps or sluts.

-ZombieGirl-
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:44 AM

....I'm 23 and like them.

<_<

>_>

I also love Monster high dolls. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I thought the same thing. Who the hell would get ANY 15 year old a lalaloopsey doll?

Quoting Anonymous:

Hahahaha... wtf is a 15 year old gonna do with a LaLaLoopsey doll? People are crazy!

Serenity7
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:49 AM

It is hard to understand anything if you are not in the situation

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)