Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Using pregnancy as an excuse

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:59 PM
  • 88 Replies

When you were preggers, did you take every opportunity possible to relax, avoid work, or get attention? Or did you pretty much carry on as if nothing had changed? (This doesn't apply to pregnancies with complications)

My friend still gives me a hard time because I refused to let pregnancy change my daily life. I did everything I'd always done (apart from caffein and such). She says pregnancy is a time to take advantage of people doing things for you and a time to take naps, leave work early, etc.... I just disagree. I just don't consider myself a weakling like that. You?

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:00 PM
4 moms liked this

Yup. This is my time to prepare, relax and get as much rest as possible before I don't sleep for months.

theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I don't know that I did anything out of spite.  Like ohh I am pregnant and can get away with being lazy.  But I did try and take it easy just out of paranoia. 

Mel0dy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I didnt but my family treated me diffrent while pregnant

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this
No, I went in labor about 8 hours after cutting the grass. If I take it easy for 9 months nothing will get done.
mrs.pina
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:03 PM
I did everything i did on a normal basis as well when i was preggos. Heck i even acted like a kid jumping here and there lol my df rented me a bounce house for a week and i jumped in it everyday. My family would always try to make me stop but i know my baby and i enjoyed it .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I did sleep more I was flipping exhausted.  I also couldn't do a lot of heavy lifting so no snow shoveling ect. but other than that no not really. 

MamaTwinkleA
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:03 PM
Nope I refused to let people help me either. Pissed me off that everyone treated me like I was made of glass. It was always "don't pick that up, don't do that, don't drive that far" blah blah. My dh didn't even want me changing a lightbulb...

Eta. In fact, apparently I was in labor while helping to build a greenhouse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I didn't leave work early except for doctors appointments. Which I had a lot of because I was high risk. So I guess people might think I was milking it for attention. I really wasn't though. To have a healthy baby I just had to relax, let others do things for me which btw, is not all its cracked up to be. When you are use to being self sufficient it takes a lot of willpower to not get up and help out.

If others want to judge, let them. I hope they never have a reason to understand why I had to rest a lot when pregnant.

Karine561
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:03 PM

No I didn't take advantage of people. I was really sick for 4 month and try to keep a normal life. But at the end of my pregnancy I needed help because I couldn't move so much my belly was huge!

DayDreamer1201
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I was just going to say lol I was on bedrest for 14 weeks... so I don't count lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN