Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If I could, I would spank her kids............HARD!!! Edit in red.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So before I get started just want to say I know my kids are not angels and I am not a perfect parent!!

Right.....my SIL has 5 kids and another one on the way. Neither her nor her partner work, they live solely off of benefits. They have been arrested for drug dealing in the past and dad even gave the 3 year old a black eye! SIL always covered in bruises and scratches, obvious DV going on in the house but the thing that really gets me about the whole thing is her rogue children and the fact CPS never seem to be involved.

They swear, and I mean like proper swear (c**t, bitch, wanker, bollox) you name it they say it! They physically fight with each-other, even the 2 year old get slapped and kicked by the older kids, they throw stuff around, have zero respect for anything and talk to their mum like she's a piece of shit!! They are always getting into fights at school, when my SIL can actually be bothered to take them in and have even been in trouble with the police for damaging public property (while SIL&partner were asleep in bed).

I have never said anything to my SIL, it's not my place to and she wouldn't take my comments well anyway but I tell you, if I was given permission to spank those kids, their bums would be so sore they wouldn't be able to sit down for a week and they would know what washing up liquid tasted like too!!

I refuse to babysit for her because of the total disrespect and bad behaviour of the kids, avoid going to their house whenever possible as I don't wish my children to be around such horrid specimens and refuse to speak to her on a friendly level as I'm scared I may slip up and tell her what an awful mother she is!!

Like I said before I know my children aren't angels but they hardly ever swear, have complete respect for their home and possessions, I get told regularly what a credit to me, my children are. I just can't get over my SIL having a 6th child when it's clear she can't cope with the 5 she already has!!

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest, can't vent to my SO as it's his sis I'm talking about lol.

I would not spank the 3 year old who suffered a punch or the younger children but the 5,8 and 9 year old know better mate

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Replies (21-30):
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Quoting danandsamsmom:

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Call Supernanny!! 

Child care providers like nannies are mandatory providers in most states.  A call to CPS would anger OP's boyfriend.  Crazy, huh?

IF the OP is too stupid to do it herself, I'm hoping someone else will get involved. 

Putting a man above people who are being treated like shit, especially when there's children involved, is just asinine.  

For delicious allergy-friendly recipes, follow my blog, Cooking With Food Allergies! 

VannaMae307
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:41 PM

I'm not anti-spank but it honestly sounds like the LAST thing these kids need. Just another reason to resent you, as their aunt, someone who they could possibly turn to outside of their house-family. If that makes sense.

I really don't have any advice for this, good luck OP, here's a bump

danandsamsmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Dad gave the child a black eye.  That is abuse.  Having someone else punish the child in a physical manner isn't going help the child.

Quoting Anonymous:

they interviewed the parents and tried to get SIL to press charges for it but she refused to on the ground's that he was drunk at the time and he never meant to bruise her!! It wasn't me that called them, it was a neighbour that had witnessed the abuse. This is what I mean though mate, they seem to get away with it every-time, god knows how but they do. When they got caught dealing crack cocaine she got a suspended sentence, the kids put on the at risk register for 6 months and that was it.

As I stated to someone ese, there is a BIG difference between spanking for extremely bad behaviour and then there's abuse.

Quoting danandsamsmom:

So you think that hitting kids that are already the victims of abuse will be helpful?  What did CPS say when you called regarding the abuse of the child?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:43 PM

if i could help them I would but my SIL and partner are not the sort that would except or want my help............they already think I'm stuck up as it is becasue I don't live my life they way they do theirs (drugs, alcahol etc), I could only imagine what would happen if I tried to offer help or advise.

Quoting Anonymous:

First seeing their mother getting hit all the time is not healthy,  second if they have been abused once by the parents it's still happening,  those kids don't need more discipline they need to be removed from the home and put into counseling,  but I guess instead of helping it's easier for you to come on the internet and just bitch about it!

Quoting Anonymous:

I only mentioned the 3 year od getting hit ONCE, the children are not abused on a regular basis but my SIL is.

Spanking for extreme bad behaviur is completely different to abuse my love otherwise I'd be a class A child abuser!!

Quoting Anonymous:

So you want to spank children that are already physicly abused,  ya i'm sure that would help!

Hyman
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:43 PM
This was my first thought. I couldn't even read it all bc it's rudiculous.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you want to spank children that are already physicly abused,  ya i'm sure that would help!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:44 PM

They are learning that behavior from their parents. The last thing they need right now is a spanking, they need positive reinforcement and need to be taken out of that toxic environment so they can learn the right way to behave and control themselves.  The kids are learning ALL of that from the adults in the home, not because they are bad kids. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Cal cps & keep on calling them until the do something.  About the sil being abused not much you can do about.  She has to be the one to go to the police & press charges.  So sorry you have to deal w/ them.  Where are you from, love the way you talk.  Also I would be spanking those kids if they acted like that in my home.  Who cares what the sil says about it, if so tell her to step up & be a mom. 

danandsamsmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Quoting danandsamsmom:

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Call Supernanny!! 

Child care providers like nannies are mandatory providers in most states.  A call to CPS would anger OP's boyfriend.  Crazy, huh?

IF the OP is too stupid to do it herself, I'm hoping someone else will get involved. 

Putting a man above people who are being treated like shit, especially when there's children involved, is just asinine.  

I absolutely agree.  I can't believe that it is more important to OP to not piss of her boyfriend, rather than to protect innocent children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:46 PM

from what I can gather yes.....I've only heard my SO's side of the story though and he is in denial about his little sister being abused. He says, my SIL and partner were fighting in the front garden, the 3 year old came out to try and protect her mummy and her dad thumped her one in the face, but apparently he says it was an accident, he never meant to bruise her just shoo her away.

I don't understand why things haven't been followed up or they not being supervised in any way, it really is baffling me how they are getting away with it.

Quoting danandsamsmom:

I am misunderstanding...did the parents give the child a black eye?

Quoting Anonymous:

they interviewed the parents and tried to get SIL to press charges for it but she refused to on the ground's that he was drunk at the time and he never meant to bruise her!! It wasn't me that called them, it was a neighbour that had witnessed the abuse. This is what I mean though mate, they seem to get away with it every-time, god knows how but they do. When they got caught dealing crack cocaine she got a suspended sentence, the kids put on the at risk register for 6 months and that was it.

As I stated to someone ese, there is a BIG difference between spanking for extremely bad behaviour and then there's abuse.

Quoting danandsamsmom:

So you think that hitting kids that are already the victims of abuse will be helpful?  What did CPS say when you called regarding the abuse of the child?

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Whoa - is this what it's like in the British hood?  

DAAAAAAAAMN! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)