Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If I could, I would spank her kids............HARD!!! Edit in red.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So before I get started just want to say I know my kids are not angels and I am not a perfect parent!!

Right.....my SIL has 5 kids and another one on the way. Neither her nor her partner work, they live solely off of benefits. They have been arrested for drug dealing in the past and dad even gave the 3 year old a black eye! SIL always covered in bruises and scratches, obvious DV going on in the house but the thing that really gets me about the whole thing is her rogue children and the fact CPS never seem to be involved.

They swear, and I mean like proper swear (c**t, bitch, wanker, bollox) you name it they say it! They physically fight with each-other, even the 2 year old get slapped and kicked by the older kids, they throw stuff around, have zero respect for anything and talk to their mum like she's a piece of shit!! They are always getting into fights at school, when my SIL can actually be bothered to take them in and have even been in trouble with the police for damaging public property (while SIL&partner were asleep in bed).

I have never said anything to my SIL, it's not my place to and she wouldn't take my comments well anyway but I tell you, if I was given permission to spank those kids, their bums would be so sore they wouldn't be able to sit down for a week and they would know what washing up liquid tasted like too!!

I refuse to babysit for her because of the total disrespect and bad behaviour of the kids, avoid going to their house whenever possible as I don't wish my children to be around such horrid specimens and refuse to speak to her on a friendly level as I'm scared I may slip up and tell her what an awful mother she is!!

Like I said before I know my children aren't angels but they hardly ever swear, have complete respect for their home and possessions, I get told regularly what a credit to me, my children are. I just can't get over my SIL having a 6th child when it's clear she can't cope with the 5 she already has!!

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest, can't vent to my SO as it's his sis I'm talking about lol.

I would not spank the 3 year old who suffered a punch or the younger children but the 5,8 and 9 year old know better mate

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Replies (31-40):
danandsamsmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:47 PM

OP, does your boyfriend hit you?  Is that why you are afraid to make him angry by calling CPS?

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Unfortunately, I can believe it. That's why she used the anonymous button. She knows she's wrong. But she's more worried about keeping her bed warm than keeping some kids safe. Just like every other bitch who should report but doesn't. It's people like this who allow kids to be abused--- they're as bad as the abusers themselves. 

Quoting danandsamsmom:

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Quoting danandsamsmom:

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Call Supernanny!! 

Child care providers like nannies are mandatory providers in most states.  A call to CPS would anger OP's boyfriend.  Crazy, huh?

IF the OP is too stupid to do it herself, I'm hoping someone else will get involved. 

Putting a man above people who are being treated like shit, especially when there's children involved, is just asinine.  

I absolutely agree.  I can't believe that it is more important to OP to not piss of her boyfriend, rather than to protect innocent children.

For delicious allergy-friendly recipes, follow my blog, Cooking With Food Allergies! 

danandsamsmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:49 PM

The child is a victim of child abuse.  I seriously doubt that that is the only time any of the children have been abused. How can you stay with a man that didn't report this abuse and doesn't want you to report this abuse??

Quoting Anonymous:

from what I can gather yes.....I've only heard my SO's side of the story though and he is in denial about his little sister being abused. He says, my SIL and partner were fighting in the front garden, the 3 year old came out to try and protect her mummy and her dad thumped her one in the face, but apparently he says it was an accident, he never meant to bruise her just shoo her away.

I don't understand why things haven't been followed up or they not being supervised in any way, it really is baffling me how they are getting away with it.

Quoting danandsamsmom:

I am misunderstanding...did the parents give the child a black eye?

Quoting Anonymous:

they interviewed the parents and tried to get SIL to press charges for it but she refused to on the ground's that he was drunk at the time and he never meant to bruise her!! It wasn't me that called them, it was a neighbour that had witnessed the abuse. This is what I mean though mate, they seem to get away with it every-time, god knows how but they do. When they got caught dealing crack cocaine she got a suspended sentence, the kids put on the at risk register for 6 months and that was it.

As I stated to someone ese, there is a BIG difference between spanking for extremely bad behaviour and then there's abuse.

Quoting danandsamsmom:

So you think that hitting kids that are already the victims of abuse will be helpful?  What did CPS say when you called regarding the abuse of the child?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Are you from the UK?
breydans_mommy
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:50 PM
This is what im thinking. It sounds like the parents deserve it way more than the kids. They are learning it from the parents. It sounds like a sad situation all together.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I would want to kick the "adult " asses way more than those kids.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Oh, yeah, cuz "thumping her one on the face" is equivelant to shooing her away. It's abuse, and your SO is a dimwit. 

Quoting Anonymous:

from what I can gather yes.....I've only heard my SO's side of the story though and he is in denial about his little sister being abused. He says, my SIL and partner were fighting in the front garden, the 3 year old came out to try and protect her mummy and her dad thumped her one in the face, but apparently he says it was an accident, he never meant to bruise her just shoo her away.

I don't understand why things haven't been followed up or they not being supervised in any way, it really is baffling me how they are getting away with it.

Quoting danandsamsmom:

I am misunderstanding...did the parents give the child a black eye?

Quoting Anonymous:

they interviewed the parents and tried to get SIL to press charges for it but she refused to on the ground's that he was drunk at the time and he never meant to bruise her!! It wasn't me that called them, it was a neighbour that had witnessed the abuse. This is what I mean though mate, they seem to get away with it every-time, god knows how but they do. When they got caught dealing crack cocaine she got a suspended sentence, the kids put on the at risk register for 6 months and that was it.

As I stated to someone ese, there is a BIG difference between spanking for extremely bad behaviour and then there's abuse.

Quoting danandsamsmom:

So you think that hitting kids that are already the victims of abuse will be helpful?  What did CPS say when you called regarding the abuse of the child?

For delicious allergy-friendly recipes, follow my blog, Cooking With Food Allergies! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:50 PM

ok ok, I sort of agree with you on that and maybe should change the title to spank my SIL HARD. However, I swear, cuss and lose my temper sometimes, my children don't seem to mirror my actions though!!

On the odd occassion where I've had no choice but have them in my home, I tried time out's and got ignored, laughed at and head butted, tried no T.V or desert got told to f off and my fridge raided in the middle of the night........short of spanking them to show em I'm not a push over I'm out of idea's.

Quoting Anonymous:

They are learning that behavior from their parents. The last thing they need right now is a spanking, they need positive reinforcement and need to be taken out of that toxic environment so they can learn the right way to behave and control themselves.  The kids are learning ALL of that from the adults in the home, not because they are bad kids. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:52 PM

well, at this point, spanking is not the answer- they are merely acting like their parents!!!!

For SOME kids, after the age of 7, it's too late for them to change much.. they grow up to be criminals and low lifes just like they learned.  It's sad.

Some people really really really should be MADE to get sterilized.  

angevil53
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:52 PM
I have no trouble with spanking but those kids need a good dose of good parenting. It's not the kids fault their parents shitty.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:52 PM

I would baby sit, and i would let my sister know If needed i would lay down the law. Right on the kids little asses.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN