Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Painful sex.

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:29 PM
  • 61 Replies
2 moms liked this

"If you don't enjoy sex, you're not doing it right." This is probably one of the most untrue and uninformed blanket statements I've ever seen.

I can only imagine how women who don't enjoy sex feel seeing that. 
Many women find that after having terrific sex for years, having a baby changes everything.

There are many reasons you might not be enjoying it.   Hormone changes and lack of libido are only a couple of those and they will eventually correct themselves. 

If you don't like sex because you find it painful you are STILL not doing it wrong.  Some people suffer from something called vaginismus.  It makes penetration very painful.  It can be caused by childbirth or rape or any trauma to the vaginal canal and it's very real and also very treatable.

Has no one heard of this before?    I bet there are a few CM'ers who are suffering from it right now and think they're alone or that something is wrong with them.

Not true.  For the sake of your Could Be Great Again Sex Life, look it up:  http://www.vaginismus.com/

Sometimes when I'm alone, I like to Google myself.

If you like my style, follow my blog.  I am Random Ninja - Writer of Wrongs.
Click it.  Share it.  (Tell 'em it's just a cold sore.)

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I have it. 

ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

I have it. 

I'm sorry, hon.  How long have you known it? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I saw that comment and thought it was ignorant as well. There are many reasons why sex may not be  be pleasurable, and some people are so ignorant, they believe it must be something you're doing wrong, or maybe your (or your partners) size is not "right." It's quite astonishing how many grown women know nothing about sex or their bodies. In fact, it seems many know all the myths, but not anything factual.

MWV85
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:34 PM

i suffer from endometriosis.

sex is extremley painful for me.

ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I saw that comment and thought it was ignorant as well. There are many reasons why sex maybe not be pleasurable, and some people are so ignorant, they believe it must be something you're doing wrong, or maybe your (or your partners) size is not "right." It's quite astonishing how many grown women know nothing about sex or their bodies. In fact, it seems many know all the myths, but not anything factual.

True!  Well put.

ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Quoting MWV85:

:(  I'm sorry. 

I hope you find an end to that misery.

MWV85
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:37 PM

thank you.

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Quoting MWV85:

:(  I'm sorry. 

I hope you find an end to that misery.

Liz.Sisk
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:39 PM
I must have whatever you stated. Ever since I had my baby I feel like super Virgin, and it didn't even hurt to LOSE my virginity...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

I have it. 

I'm sorry, hon.  How long have you known it? 

Hard to say, really. I didn't know about it until I got married. I have a lifelong (18 years) history of rape and sexual abuse, and I figured my body would respond better to sex when I was married. I've found that that is not the case. We use a lot of lubricants and my husband always comments that I'm "so tight it hurts". We don't engage in a whole lot of intercourse. 

And pelvic exams? Oh geez. They have to use a pediatric speculum and it still tears me.  

For delicious allergy-friendly recipes, follow my blog, Cooking With Food Allergies! 

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I had severe Stage IV endometriosis. It causes painful intercourse as just one of its' dastardly deeds. After my hysterectomy, I finally discoverd pain free sex.  It often has nothing to do with doing it right or wrong but a physical problem that can be corrected, eventually. But doctors do not always go with the obvious choice and often go with things they want to "try" first to see if it works. So it may take a while to find a resolution. Those who have never had painful sex due to a physical problem, simply can not understand.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)