Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What kind of children are you raising!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Im so disgusted by the post today. One post where majority of you actually think its okay that a 13 year old chose not to invite her cousins to her slumber party. One who is 8 the other 14. The 14 year old should have been invited point blank she is family and family means more then a friend. Stop raising self centered children.

Then its a huge deal for family to take the child's room /bed for a small visit? Like seriously????

Whats the big deal your child can sleep with you or camp it out in the living for the 3-7 day visit like how long does a family visit last? When I was growing up we had to and i never felt less loved or like my uncle/aunt grandmother/ grandfather was more important. I felt like I was a child and I have manners so I will give my room to an adult to feel welcomed in our home. Do you guys also teach your children not to give up a seat to an elder or pregnant woman?

Im scared the kind of selfish kids your raising.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Replies (11-20):
tntmomof2
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I'm with you on both issues. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

The adults give up their room at my house, not the children.

jbirdsladie27
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree except for the invite, if my kid didn't want to invite a cousin (or whomever) then so be it, it's their party.

popomill
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I totally agree. Like not so much about the cousin birthday party because I never had to invite my cousins to my party growing up just because we had a separate party for family only. But other than that, I think it's crazy. Another thing that drives me nuts is giving ribbons to kids in competition that didn't win just because they signed up. Like, wtf. You have to work for something and if you didn't get 1-3rd place you get nothing, it teaches the kids to actually work harder.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:58 PM
I will not be forcing my DD to be with anyone she dies nit swish to be with. Her cousins treat her like shit and they act like animals. There is no way in he'll I'd make her hang out with people she didn't like on her special day.

I also do not make my DD give up her room. We have two extra rooms. One has two twins. We also have 3 pull outs. One in the living, one in Dh's man room, and in the den. If guest come they can have one of those or sleep in a hotel.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:58 PM

I agree. And those of us (on the party issue) who don't give our children a choice are being questioned as to why we "force" them to invite family. LOL. If they are raised to value family, there is no force involved. They love and care about their family and have a close relationship. I don't have to force my kids to invite their cousins, they are first on the list!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:59 PM

and we care what you think why?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Shrugs I don't think the cousins should have been invited just because they are family. The 14 year old is old enough to understand. And really who wants to go to a sleep over that they were forced to invite family? Yea you are gonna know you are not wanted.

MaileysMommy
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:01 PM

I couldn't agree with you more!!

jujubear1
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I agree, especially with the giving up their rooms.  Atm, we have a spare room, but when ss was living with us, he gave up his room to his great grandmother without batting an eye.  It was only a night or two anyway.  What's the big deal?  When I was a kid, if my grandma came to visit, she slept in my bed with me.  Somehow, I had a full size bed.  We had to push some of the dolls out, but still.  I have some good memories of my grandma and I laughing and goofing off like a couple of kids after we were supposed to be asleep. If I'd only had a twin bed, I would've either made a pallet in the floor next to the bed or slept on the couch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN