Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What kind of children are you raising!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Im so disgusted by the post today. One post where majority of you actually think its okay that a 13 year old chose not to invite her cousins to her slumber party. One who is 8 the other 14. The 14 year old should have been invited point blank she is family and family means more then a friend. Stop raising self centered children.

Then its a huge deal for family to take the child's room /bed for a small visit? Like seriously????

Whats the big deal your child can sleep with you or camp it out in the living for the 3-7 day visit like how long does a family visit last? When I was growing up we had to and i never felt less loved or like my uncle/aunt grandmother/ grandfather was more important. I felt like I was a child and I have manners so I will give my room to an adult to feel welcomed in our home. Do you guys also teach your children not to give up a seat to an elder or pregnant woman?

Im scared the kind of selfish kids your raising.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Replies (141-146):
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
It's her party, she doesn't have to invite cousins to a sleep over, what a bunch of whine asses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:49 PM

There are multiple ways to parent. I agree and disagree with some of what you are saying. I am not raising my children to be brats or entitled.

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:18 PM
I still wouldn't make my child move into another bed. Granny would be staying at the holiday end.

Quoting moneysaver6:

If we had all of those extra bedding options, then we wouldn't make a child give up a room either.  But we don't.  As such, I see nothing wrong with my son moving temporarily so that his grandma has a bed to sleep on.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

I also do not make my DD give up her room. We have two extra rooms. One has two twins. We also have 3 pull outs. One in the living, one in Dh's man room, and in the den. If guest come they can have one of those or sleep in a hotel.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bubbie0809
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:21 PM

I guess I agree about giving up their room, but the party, I don't agree. I am not close to my cousins (I couldn't even pick them out on sight) so I think that sometimes the family you pick (close friends) is better than the family you were born into. 

moneysaver6
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:27 PM
Okay. We have chosen differently with our family.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

I still wouldn't make my child move into another bed. Granny would be staying at the holiday end.

Quoting moneysaver6:

If we had all of those extra bedding options, then we wouldn't make a child give up a room either.  But we don't.  As such, I see nothing wrong with my son moving temporarily so that his grandma has a bed to sleep on.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

I also do not make my DD give up her room. We have two extra rooms. One has two twins. We also have 3 pull outs. One in the living, one in Dh's man room, and in the den. If guest come they can have one of those or sleep in a hotel.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen2150
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Selfish parents raise selfish kids.  I am raising weird and maladjusted kids according to some people.  We homeschool.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)