Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What kind of children are you raising!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Im so disgusted by the post today. One post where majority of you actually think its okay that a 13 year old chose not to invite her cousins to her slumber party. One who is 8 the other 14. The 14 year old should have been invited point blank she is family and family means more then a friend. Stop raising self centered children.

Then its a huge deal for family to take the child's room /bed for a small visit? Like seriously????

Whats the big deal your child can sleep with you or camp it out in the living for the 3-7 day visit like how long does a family visit last? When I was growing up we had to and i never felt less loved or like my uncle/aunt grandmother/ grandfather was more important. I felt like I was a child and I have manners so I will give my room to an adult to feel welcomed in our home. Do you guys also teach your children not to give up a seat to an elder or pregnant woman?

Im scared the kind of selfish kids your raising.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Agreed.
outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:07 PM
I agree!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this
This. It will not kill your child to camp out on the floor for a couple of days. You can't put grandma on the couch!!! Lol

Quoting brittney28:

I agree with you op, especially about giving up there room for out of town family.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:08 PM

1. If my kids don't want to invite someone over or to a party, then they don't have to. End of story. I don't force my kids to be friends with anyone, including family.

2. My kids do give up their beds to company and usually sleep on the floor in their siblings room or on our bedroom floor.

luvmymunchkins3
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:09 PM
there is nothing wrong with the 13yr not wanting to invite her cousins to the sleepover not everything kids do should have to involve family.they were invited to the family party thing the next day no big deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:10 PM
I havnt read those posts but it sounds like your right :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Thats not the point she needs to learn the value of family period. One of them is 14 and she is 13 there is nothing wrong with that. Its the acceptance of it by her mom that makes it seem okay. Its wrong. Its like say they are at a party when they are older because they are basically the same age and live close by. Would she leave her cousin by herself at

The party to go with her friends? Well starting at 13 making her feel its ok to ditch family will result in her growing up like that

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree. My kids can (and will) tough it out while family comes to stay. My grandmother is flying in as we speak and will be sleeping in DD's room. They will survive. I'm not going to camp my grandmother out on the couch. I'd give her my bed, but she can't make it up the stairs.

But I don't agree with the teenager party. The party is for that girls' birthday. The 8 and 14 year old DDs shouldn't feel entitled to go. It's the 13 year old and her friends. Her family doesn't need to tag along every time. What if OP had her own little "party" for all the girls? SHE can take them all out. Nope, she wants to sit on her high horse and bitch about someone else footing the bill for it. When you were a teen (your FIRST day as a teen), did you want to hang out with 8 year olds? What is that, second grade? Nope, didn't think so.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:11 PM
You should its sad how people think.

Quoting Anonymous:

I havnt read those posts but it sounds like your right :)
othermom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I have worked a lot on those to with my kids and to be kind to others. My daughter who is 7 got compliments by her teacher at her confrence because she is so kind to everyone in class. My son does have issues with saying thank you and talking to people in general he is very shy about it. He does excellent with other kids and good in school though and can be a sweet heart. He has to write hand written thank you notes for gifts and stuff because he won't say thank you in person(they all do thank you notes for mailed items) My youngest is 3 so we are working on al of it with her still

Quoting luvmymonkeys27:

I totally agree with you. I'm very strict when it comes to manners, they both have 'please', 'thank you', 'sorry', and 'excuse me' down. Can't get them to figure out "you're welcome" though! Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Hahaha! Well just try to teach em
Important values they wont always be perfect but manners goes a long way.

Quoting luvmymonkeys27:

My kids are awesome! But they're only 4 and 2, so there's plenty of time for them to turn... Lol

epoh
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:12 PM
This.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

1. If my kids don't want to invite someone over or to a party, then they don't have to. End of story. I don't force my kids to be friends with anyone, including family.

2. My kids do give up their beds to company and usually sleep on the floor in their siblings room or on our bedroom floor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)