Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What kind of children are you raising!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Im so disgusted by the post today. One post where majority of you actually think its okay that a 13 year old chose not to invite her cousins to her slumber party. One who is 8 the other 14. The 14 year old should have been invited point blank she is family and family means more then a friend. Stop raising self centered children.

Then its a huge deal for family to take the child's room /bed for a small visit? Like seriously????

Whats the big deal your child can sleep with you or camp it out in the living for the 3-7 day visit like how long does a family visit last? When I was growing up we had to and i never felt less loved or like my uncle/aunt grandmother/ grandfather was more important. I felt like I was a child and I have manners so I will give my room to an adult to feel welcomed in our home. Do you guys also teach your children not to give up a seat to an elder or pregnant woman?

Im scared the kind of selfish kids your raising.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:12 PM
13 years old! Give me a break its not about forcing them to be friends its about having morals!

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

1. If my kids don't want to invite someone over or to a party, then they don't have to. End of story. I don't force my kids to be friends with anyone, including family.

2. My kids do give up their beds to company and usually sleep on the floor in their siblings room or on our bedroom floor.

mich.el.le
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Than.

I dont think she should have had to invite her cousins, especially the 8 year old. And you dont know why she didn't.  Maybe she didn't think they'd have fun. Maybe she didn't think the 8 year old would fit in well (and I wouldn't let my 8 yo go) so she didn't invite either so the 8 year old didn't feel left out.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:13 PM
I don't have relatives who would expect my children to give up their beds. Id NEVER expect my cousins to give up their beds for me either. I'm not too good for a couch. ;) My parents aren't too good for a couch.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:13 PM
If her cousins treat her that way and act that way understandable. And if you have extra space understandable.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

I will not be forcing my DD to be with anyone she dies nit swish to be with. Her cousins treat her like shit and they act like animals. There is no way in he'll I'd make her hang out with people she didn't like on her special day.

I also do not make my DD give up her room. We have two extra rooms. One has two twins. We also have 3 pull outs. One in the living, one in Dh's man room, and in the den. If guest come they can have one of those or sleep in a hotel.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Its not about being to good. Im not too good for the floor but it would be nice to be offered an let me decline.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't have relatives who would expect my children to give up their beds. Id NEVER expect my cousins to give up their beds for me either. I'm not too good for a couch. ;) My parents aren't too good for a couch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:15 PM
I agree. Children these days are so spoiled,entitled, selfish, and ungrateful. Our power as the parents have been stripped from us. We are a bad parent if we choose no to be our children's doormat. It's fuckin ridiculous!
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Explain what is immoral about not inviting a cousin to a party.

Quoting Anonymous:

13 years old! Give me a break its not about forcing them to be friends its about having morals!

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

1. If my kids don't want to invite someone over or to a party, then they don't have to. End of story. I don't force my kids to be friends with anyone, including family.

2. My kids do give up their beds to company and usually sleep on the floor in their siblings room or on our bedroom floor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:15 PM
As I said not the 8 year old but why not the 14 year old. The op said she plays with them any other time.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Than.

I dont think she should have had to invite her cousins, especially the 8 year old. And you dont know why she didn't.  Maybe she didn't think they'd have fun. Maybe she didn't think the 8 year old would fit in well (and I wouldn't let my 8 yo go) so she didn't invite either so the 8 year old didn't feel left out.

Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I wouldn't give my sons rooms to a guest because I have 2 guest bedrooms and he sleeps in a toddler bed. No adult would fit in his bed. Does that make me selfish then? I don't get it...

And what's wrong with not inviting a cousin to your birthday party? I think I missed these posts today. Sorry, I am out of the loop on this one...

โ™ฅ Ali5683 โ™ฅ
SCENTSY :: aliciaivie.scentsy.us
FINDING ALICIA :: www.findingalicia.com

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:16 PM
Its being selfish! She plays with them any other time now whats the big deal? Its a party why wouldn't the older cousin want to go? Why is it okay for her to leave her out? Thats raising a selfish little girl.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Explain what is immoral about not inviting a cousin to a party.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN