Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my dd is being bullied *email added* teacher email

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:46 PM
  • 102 Replies
1 mom liked this
How should I deal with this? I plan to e-mail the teacher tonight, but I know what she will say.

My 6 year old dd is being bullied, by a class mate of hers, he keeps telling her that he is going to kill her, like the other day she went to answer a question and he told her to shut up or he would kill her.

She is a little bit of a story teller, but when she is lying her story changes and this one hasn't. Well anyways she told her teacher what this kid was saying and he denied it, so she got in trouble for lying.

Today another classmate twisted her arm, she came out of school crying.

Her teacher I know will respond with my dd was lying, but I will e-mail her anyways.

What should I do?

****e-mail I sent her teacher****

I had some concerns about P***** and A****, P***** has told me that A**** has been making threats to kill her in class and on the playground. P***** has told me that A**** has told her that if she looks at him he will kill her, and last week, on Friday,  she said she told you about it and he denied it and she got into trouble for lying.

I arrive to school for pickup 30 minutes before school is out most days and witnessed P***** sulking about on the playground on Friday and when I asked her about it this is what she told me.

Today, Monday December 10th she also came out of school crying because B**** twisted her arm.

If you could please explain to me what happened, or what you witnessed, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

****teachers email****

P***** did tell me about the incident with A*****.  I was sitting right next to them when it did happen and heard the conversation.  They were in centers and the two of them were having a disagreement about how to do the center.  I was listening closely to see if they could work it out by themselves.  A**** ended up getting frustrated and came over to tell me.  I went over with the both of them again about how the center worked, they were both fine and about 5 minutes later P***** broke down in tears.  I was still right by them listening to see if they understood how to do the center, so nothing was said.  I asked her what was the matter and she told me the same thing about A****’s threat.  I told her that I was right there and was listening to what was being said, so she then told me that she was crying because A**** came over to me about how to do the center.  I asked her if she thought she was in trouble when I told them how to do the center.  She said that she was.  I tried to explain to her that she wasn’t and asked why she said that about the threats.  She told me that he didn’t really say it.  So I did talk to her about making sure she tells me the truth.  By the time I finished talking to her she had told me several different stories.  I did talk with A**** also about the incident.  I watched them both very closely today and they didn’t have any problems when they were around each other.

About B****, P***** came in from recess and said that B**** had pushed her down.  I asked P***** if she told the teacher that was outside about it.  She said no.   I reminded her that she needed to so it could be taken care of, and that I would talk with her teacher about it.  Then after school Miss J******* says they were lined up in the hall to go home and  P***** came up to her smiling and said hi to her.  A girl that was standing next to P***** said that B**** had hurt P*****.  Miss J******* asked if it was true and she was told no.  P***** was still happy until she got outside by you and then she started crying.  So once again, I am not sure what to believe because she told me that B**** pushed her down, she told you that B**** twisted her arm, and in the hallway she didn’t say that anything had happened.   

I don’t want P***** getting hurt or threatened, and I am willing to take appropriate action, however Paetyn changes her stories quite often.  She is always telling me that you won’t let her do her homework or that she isn’t allowed to read at home.  Her reading calendars indicate a different story, and she is doing very well which tells me that she is getting help from home.  Any suggestions you could give me about how you handle her changing stories when it happens at home I would greatly appreciate.  I want her to be happy and feel safe here.

For those bitches who don't seem to understand, story telling and lying are the same things, we call children story tellers and adults liars, see the difference?

I talked to my dd last night and when I asked her why she was lying, she said she wasn't, that B really did twist her arm, and that A really did threaten her. I sent her to time out and took TV time away.
I can't sit in her class because I have 2 other children that aren't in school. So I think we are going to get the book "the little boy who cried wolf" and read that and then discuss it. I also told the teacher to take away recess or make her write sentences saying she won't lie. Other than what I suggested I don't know what else to do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:48 PM
2 moms liked this
If the teacher wont listen to you talk to the principal
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:49 PM
3 moms liked this

Maybe you should go and spend time in her class. if your kid is a known liar its hard for the teacher without witnesses to take what your kids saying seriously. Plus if he said it while she was answering the question wouldn't the teacher have heard it?

haunted.mommy
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Call a meeting with the principal and the superintendent.
BethanyJ
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:50 PM

If the teacher's response isn't satisfactory, go to the principal and ask for a conference.

wodntulk2kno1
1 mom liked this
I would skip the teacher and go in and talk to the principal. Most schools have a no tolerance policy and the words I will kill you isn't taken lightly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haunted.mommy
Not if he is sitting next to her

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe you should go and spend time in her class. if your kid is a known liar its hard for the teacher without witnesses to take what your kids saying seriously. Plus if he said it while she was answering the question wouldn't the teacher have heard it?

Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:51 PM
I agree with pp.
If the principal won't listen go to the school board.
blue_elephant
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:51 PM
He said it before she answered the question, and then answered it himself. I don't know if the teacher heard or not, and from what I've gathered when my dd gets in trouble she doesn't lie to get out of it and fesses up to what she was accused of

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:51 PM
4 moms liked this
Teach her how to throw a solid right hook.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Request a conference with the boys parents and the.principle . Bullying is no joke.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN