Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wish Upon A Hero

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

A few days ago the was a post in my area asking for food to feed her four children. I offered to meet her at the grocery store close by and give her some groceries. She sent me a message stating that her food issue had been solved and she was okay now.  Then today I log on and see a new post from the same woman once again asking for money for food.  Once again I made the same offer and once again she turned me down.  I saw that another lady was willing to maill a gift card to her and she accepted that offer.  Now I feel she is a scammer.  I emailed the lady and made her aware of the issue.  She had seen my comment saying I would buy her food and made a comment that it would take a few days for the card to get there and that hopefully I could tide her over.  But if you were truly hungry wouldn't you take any offer to feed you and your family.  

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
audreesmama
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Yeah, I think she's a scammer. That's really sad :(.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Quoting audreesmama:

Yeah, I think she's a scammer. That's really sad :(.

It just upset me. Because I was more than willing to give her food....and had she met me I probably would have tried to buy at least a movie or board game for the family.  I can't afford to do much as I am struggling this year.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Bump
emelymac
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:45 PM

It could be a scam or maybe she doesn't really want to meet anyone in person for whatever reason?

T-HoneyLuv
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:47 PM
OP I know you are anon but would you pm me because my friend just had an interaction with someone on their and it sounds exactly the same.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:19 PM
The persons name is betterdayz

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

OP I know you are anon but would you pm me because my friend just had an interaction with someone on their and it sounds exactly the same.

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:22 PM

OP what state is this person from?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:27 PM
I've had similar experiences. I saw a local woman asking for money for warm clothes. I told her I had lots gently used and some new with tags. She said the same, she had already received clothes but her post is still up and she has since accepted other offers of gift cards.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
T-HoneyLuv
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Texas

Quoting PinkyPan:

OP what state is this person from?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN