Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stupid S*** People Say To Pregnant Women

Posted by   + Show Post

On my friends FB post today. LOL!

Share yours.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Because I was small (95lb) before each of my pregnancies, everyone kept telling me I was going to have a premie, as if smaller women can't carry a child full term.
I gained the required weight my obgyn recommended and I gave birth to healthy full term babies both times
:)
PEEK05
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow really? Has she not heard of a home pregnancy test?

Kmary
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

"When are you due?"

"March"

"Are you sure you're not due sooner?  You're huge.  You better ask your doctor"

Yeah, because the cashier at a store in the mall probably has a better idea at dating my pregnancy than me or my OB...

CamMa
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:50 PM
LOL!! I've never seen that and I love her!

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

Oh man, I feel you. My whole pregnancy I felt like this scene right here:

Quoting CamMa:

When I was about 6 months, I was pretty big. We went to subway and this big woman with man stubble on her face, never talked to me or met me before says "wow, are you sure you're not having twins!!??". I sure wanted to ask her "wow, are you sure you're not pregnant at all?".

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:51 PM

"It looks like you took something serious that was poked at you in fun" 

This was my friend's dad's responce to every pregnant woman he saw. He thought it was hillarious...the rest of us just thought he was stupid

mrssummerlin
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I honestly can't remember anything more then "But, you're just a baby yourself. Such a shame."

It's always caught me off guard... I was 20 when I got pregnant with my DD and married before she was born so it was always a surprise to hear that I was a "baby". Everyone thought I was like 16.

HipLikeJunk
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:52 PM

It's a cute movie, I love Maya Rudolph as well, she's hilarious and super adorable. :3

Quoting CamMa:

LOL!! I've never seen that and I love her!

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

Oh man, I feel you. My whole pregnancy I felt like this scene right here:

Quoting CamMa:

When I was about 6 months, I was pretty big. We went to subway and this big woman with man stubble on her face, never talked to me or met me before says "wow, are you sure you're not having twins!!??". I sure wanted to ask her "wow, are you sure you're not pregnant at all?".

HipLikeJunk
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh gosh, that's really rude. :(

Quoting wrensong:

"It looks like you took something serious that was poked at you in fun" 

This was my friend's dad's responce to every pregnant woman he saw. He thought it was hillarious...the rest of us just thought he was stupid

mich.el.le
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:53 PM

LMAO!

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Are you sure you can handle that? You know because I didn't think that through before I got pregnant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)