Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Venison/deer meat recipes

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:42 PM
  • 73 Replies

Anyone have any to share? I have a freezer full of deer meat. :)

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mich.el.le
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:46 PM

BUMP!

brittney28
by Brittney on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Gross! Here's a bump for you though..;) no offense I just don't like it. Wait, I've never tried it. I guess I don't like the idea of it.. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:48 PM

BUMP!

sdunaway08
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:48 PM
2 moms liked this
My husband makes chicken fried steak out of it.....delicious! He uses small steaks and beats the heck out of it with a meat clever until its thin and tender. Egg wash, then flour mixed with spices of yourchoice and egg wash again and flour with spices again. Fry in hot oil. We use fajita seasoning, season all and a bit of lemon pepper in the flour. Lots of spices! A lot will fall off.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KMadsen
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:48 PM

My Godmom makes deer chilli. She made up the recipe & won't tell it to anyone, lol.

mich.el.le
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Quoting brittney28:

Gross! Here's a bump for you though..;) no offense I just don't like it. Wait, I've never tried it. I guess I don't like the idea of it.. lol

Lol. Why? Do you eat other meat?

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

KMadsen
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:49 PM

That sounds really good!

Quoting sdunaway08:

My husband makes chicken fried steak out of it.....delicious! He uses small steaks and beats the heck out of it with a meat clever until its thin and tender. Egg wash, then flour mixed with spices of yourchoice and egg wash again and flour with spices again. Fry in hot oil. We use fajita seasoning, season all and a bit of lemon pepper in the flour. Lots of spices! A lot will fall off.

I believe that when you find love, you hold onto it and cherish it because there is nothing finer, and it may never come again. -Mr. Feeny
brittney28
by Brittney on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:49 PM
I do! And I love it... Weird huh? I'd prob love it if I tried it.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting brittney28:

Lol. Why? Do you eat other meat?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ninjabubble
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:49 PM
I just fry it in bacon grease. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:49 PM
I don't like it either, it's disgusting. I like elk and antelope though.

Quoting brittney28:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)