Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think my 5 year old has....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

so we have been having issues with our 5 year old for about a year now. at first we just thought it was normal behavior...testing limits and so on. now we are at the point we think it could be something more severe. after doing research online for a couple of weeks i am thinking he may have aspergers (a mild form of it)

this scares me and i dont know what to do. obviously i am going to schedule an appt with our family dr so they can suggest a therapist but i am wanting to hear from other moms who have a child with as and what has helped and what hasnt....

also is there anything that causes or triggers AS to appear or develope?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this

It will be ok. If he gets tested and the help he needs, it will be a good thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Quoting spunky946:

It will be ok. If he gets tested and the help he needs, it will be a good thing.

thank you. i hope so. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
For the behavioral problems, maybe try a gluten free & dairy free diet. My nephew has aspbergers & was a holy terror until his mom cut gluten and dairy. They still struggle occasionally with social situations, but his behavior definitely improved a lot since the diet change.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

For the behavioral problems, maybe try a gluten free & dairy free diet. My nephew has aspbergers & was a holy terror until his mom cut gluten and dairy. They still struggle occasionally with social situations, but his behavior definitely improved a lot since the diet change.

do you know why these diets help so much?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:37 PM
I'm not 100% on this & I'm mobile so its hard for me to look up, but from what I understand its sort of like an allergy. And with my nephew, the gluten seems to be the bigger problem...if he sneaks in dairy once in a while it's not bad but if he has gluten, he will be acting out and miserable for a few days afterwards. He is almost 8 btw, and has been GF/DF since he was about five or so. When I get on my computer I can try and find some more info, or I can talk to her about it - I know she put a lot of time researching it before she tried it. :)
Traceyssel
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:39 PM
No such thing as aspergers anymore.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashliaaronsmom
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:59 PM

google dr. mark hyman for more information on food allergies, metal toxicity,  intestine problems and poor vitamin absorption  theses are all problems for children with autism  i have four children with autism only one has improved becaused i cut down on his milk (casein) intake

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not 100% on this & I'm mobile so its hard for me to look up, but from what I understand its sort of like an allergy. And with my nephew, the gluten seems to be the bigger problem...if he sneaks in dairy once in a while it's not bad but if he has gluten, he will be acting out and miserable for a few days afterwards. He is almost 8 btw, and has been GF/DF since he was about five or so. When I get on my computer I can try and find some more info, or I can talk to her about it - I know she put a lot of time researching it before she tried it. :)

that would be great thanks

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Quoting Traceyssel:

why do you say that?

Traceyssel
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:01 AM
It's on the news, they just call it autism now

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Traceyssel:

why do you say that?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)