Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Working moms have it harder.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do working moms have it harder?

Options:

Sure do

No

It is equally as difficult

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 237

View Results

Mothers who work outside of the home have it harder than stay-at-home moms. In addition to working 40 hours a week or more they still have a family's laundry load, a house to clean, a household to run, children to feed and clean-up after etc.

If you agree post that you do below. If you disagree tell me what reasoning you have to support your argument.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Replies (21-30):
babie113
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:24 PM

oh im a sahm and i totally agree .i love being a sahm im very fortunate that my dh can support us alone .

areles
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd rather work all day and come home to more work than be trapped in a house with kids all day. sahms win, especially those who make it out alive without suiciding.

JUST SAYIN.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a sahm & I agree.

There is nothing wrong with being a SAHM and I think it is great that some women are blessed with the opportunity to do so! 

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:25 PM
IMO yes. I am a SAHM and feel that they have it harder. Sure I get lonely but I don't have to get up and get dressed, plus my kids dressed and out the door everyday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HipLikeJunk
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I think it's pointless to debate who has it harder. Who really wins that contest, exactly? I think every individual has their own challenges to overcome in their lives. Playing the martyr olympics is really just not a helpful dialogue, imo. 

sorcha1945
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:26 PM
4 moms liked this

Other.  Work at home Mom's have it the hardest.  Imagine having a high stress extremly time sensitive work load which requires 40-60 hours a week WHILE taking care of your children, then when work is done all the normal household crap needs to be tended to.   Working moms get to focus on work, then focus on home.  Stay at home moms get to focus soley on their kids and home.  WAHM do both at the same time.

jbirchard
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Ive done both, my opinion is they are equally hard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:26 PM
I find being a SAHM harder tbh. I enjoy working. It gives me that little bit of time away from my family.. Not that I don't love them or anything, I just need some time with other adults.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:26 PM
I think i have it harder. I go to work, go to school, and do 90% of the houshold chores/ child activities..... #Steps down from soapbox
Keara20
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:27 PM
For me being a working mom was a lot harder. I had a very physically demanding job. I just recently became a sahm, and I find it a lot easier.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)