Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Working moms have it harder.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do working moms have it harder?

Options:

Sure do

No

It is equally as difficult

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 237

View Results

Mothers who work outside of the home have it harder than stay-at-home moms. In addition to working 40 hours a week or more they still have a family's laundry load, a house to clean, a household to run, children to feed and clean-up after etc.

If you agree post that you do below. If you disagree tell me what reasoning you have to support your argument.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Replies (31-40):
taz7
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:27 PM

no.

Schleetle
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Disagree. Everyone's situation is different. I've done both also.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Maaamaof2
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:28 PM

All moms have a hard time.

In my experience, I was a stay at home mom for a year and a half with eldest and working plus balancing kids and home life has been a bigger challenge. There are many more tasks through the day and they have to occur on a set schedule. When I was a SAHM I could adjust the schedule of the day around the situation.Now that I work not just in the office but from home when I leave for the day I can not just rearrange work to fit my kids. 

YzmaRocks
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:28 PM
This is going to depend on each individual mom.

For some, working is more difficult. For others, staying home is harder. And then there are those who consider it equal.

I find staying home more gratifying. And I am sticking with that answer :)
lovemysnugbugs
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:28 PM
I'm s SAHM and I agree. The thought of working and trying to squeeze in everything else is exhausting. I have nothing but respect for moms who do all that.
TSNDDY
by Emerald Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:29 PM
I think there are aspects of both that are harder. If you work out of the home, your kids are cared for out of the home then that's going to cut down the amount of cleaning and cooking. So it's not like you have an equal workload at home as a sahm. I definitely think being a sahm is easier though.
alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:29 PM
I've done both and they were equally hard.

Comparing is hard. Some woman claim they could never stay home/couldn't handle it, while others say they could never work and be s mom. It depends on the person.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:30 PM
I'm currently a SAHM. I will get jobs from time to time though.
It was easier for me to be working..probably because I did it for fun. Lol

I think when you have to work, it makes it harder for some.
amanda81919
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:30 PM
I've been both. And working IS easier.
joci2203
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I have very recently become a sahm to 4, 3 that are 3 and under ( 3 weeks ago lol just had a baby)  I am not sure what is easier yet, but I do feel that working at least gives you time outside the home with adult interaction and my husband and I split duties equally.  Now I feel everything in the household is my job, so that might be challenging for me.  My husband is so supportive though.

If you have to work and do all kid and household duties then of course that is way harder.  I would hope that the duties are split when both parents work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN