Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Working moms have it harder.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do working moms have it harder?

Options:

Sure do

No

It is equally as difficult

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 237

View Results

Mothers who work outside of the home have it harder than stay-at-home moms. In addition to working 40 hours a week or more they still have a family's laundry load, a house to clean, a household to run, children to feed and clean-up after etc.

If you agree post that you do below. If you disagree tell me what reasoning you have to support your argument.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Oh boy do I agree about being a wah. I don't know you but when I say I worked from home I worked for an actual company, had a boss, schedules , meeting and deadlines

Quoting acrogodess:

I hit it's equally difficult. I've been both. I've also been a work from home mom. That was actually the hardest.
mommy2two25
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:32 PM
I've done both throughout the kids lives & I believe working is harder. When I was a sahm there was only so much I could do & found myself bored. Now that I'm working with both kids in school I am overwhelmed. There are not enough hours in my day to do everything. That is just me personally...
Every family is different & what's hard or easy for me may not be for someone else!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
banana-bear
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I don't think it matters but one would think the house would be cleaner since people aren't in it all day. I think in some aspects it is easier to be a SAHM and in other aspects it's easier to be a working mom.

reava
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:33 PM
I couldn't be a sahm. It would drive me insane. I admire them. This debate is getting old.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it all depends on your support system and how many children you have. I mean someone who's married with plenty of family and friends to help out with one kid is going to have it easier than say a single mom with 4 kids and no family or friends to help out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:35 PM
I, at one point, was a single mom, working 60+ hours a week. Being a sahm is a cakewalk conpared to that. I'm not saying it doesn't come without challanges, but it's absolutly not the hardest thing I've ever done.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a sahm & I agree.

There is nothing wrong with being a SAHM and I think it is great that some women are blessed with the opportunity to do so! 

evelynolivesmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I've been a sahm, a working mom and now I am a wahm. Sahm was cake (I only have 1 kid) I had so much time, I learned to cook, bake, sew, crochet and I volunteered at the senior center, heck I even did the yardwork out of pure boredom. I had a spotless house and an over-attended child and dh got way too used to living with Martha Stewart. While working, I felt productive and I got out of the house. I loved being able to contribute financially again and have my own money. This only lasted 10 months, I missed dd so much and I was missing way too many milestones. The compromise- I am a wahm, now I do all of the above, it's incredibly hectic, but I love it, and luckily dh is a wahd now as well, win-win. 

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Work from home is so hard. That is what i currently do with my 1 year old home I think when I went To my office everyday it was much easier although it sure is nice to not have to pay daycare

Quoting acrogodess:

I hit it's equally difficult. I've been both. I've also been a work from home mom. That was actually the hardest.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss-B
by β™₯Divaliciousβ™₯ on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Agree!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:39 PM
If they are working that much then they shouldn't be home enough to make the messes sahms encounter.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN