Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Working moms have it harder.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do working moms have it harder?

Options:

Sure do

No

It is equally as difficult

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 237

View Results

Mothers who work outside of the home have it harder than stay-at-home moms. In addition to working 40 hours a week or more they still have a family's laundry load, a house to clean, a household to run, children to feed and clean-up after etc.

If you agree post that you do below. If you disagree tell me what reasoning you have to support your argument.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Replies (51-60):
BeautyFull
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:44 PM
I think a working Mom has It harder in the respect that they have To deal with the stress of People outside the home then come To deal with the family. For me i am a working stay at home Mom and Will never return To a job.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2hadley
by Heather on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:46 PM
I think it's equal
thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I think some do, some actually do more than most SAHM do and volunteer on top of it

Cymbeline
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, this type of discussion is often silly, as it's entirely situational. A working mother with a job that isn't particularly trying, will have it easier than the SAHM with children with disabilities. The SAHM with one child will have it much easier than a working mom with a physically or mentally trying job.

I think we focus too much on trivial things.

"What is a man, if chief good, and market of his time be but to sleep and feed? A beast, no more."  Hamlet

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Why is this an argument? When did life become a competition for whose life sucks the worst? lmao why would someone be proud of having a harder life? this is a stupid post - and all these wahms vs sahms who has it harder posts are equally stupid. 

aren't we all on the same team here?

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:47 PM
I did round the clock child care. I had to in order to make ends meet in NYC and not pay out the wahzoo for child care myself.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh boy do I agree about being a wah. I don't know you but when I say I worked from home I worked for an actual company, had a boss, schedules , meeting and deadlines

Quoting acrogodess:

I hit it's equally difficult. I've been both. I've also been a work from home mom. That was actually the hardest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:48 PM
Parenting is hard period. Whether you stay home or work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsCountryMama
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Dh and I both work full time and we share all household chores and parenting I think it just depends on the situation
robyann
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I'm a SAHM, have been most of the past 30  years. I have had a few short term jobs over the years. When I worked I couldn't keep up with my home stuff! I was totally overwhelmed and stressed out. I don't see how some mom's can do both. I have great respect for them. Even more so if they are a single parent!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I agree. It is a lot tougher when you are a working mom. I have been both a SAHM and a working mom and it IS harder to work and still have to be in charge of running the house because DH says he is sooooo busy and sooooo tired. Yeah,right.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN