Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband is having/had an Emotional affair

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies

I don't know what to do I just found out my husband has been having an emotional affair. I caught him through text on our phone bill, he came clean right away and apologized said nothing physical happened and he would cut off ties.
I feel like the rug pulled out from underneath me, I have never had trust issues and frankly I don't really want too over think it but this is 1 of those things that really makes you question everything. my dad cheated on my mom so for me I just always assume the same thing will happen and now I wonder if it would have or will.
First he pushed the nothing physical happened thing but I explained how investing in somebody else leaves less for your relationship with your wife and messes up the trust.
Guess I just need to vent, not sure what the next step is. Part of me just wants to trust everything's fine but it's such a slippery slope and I hate to leave it open.kwim

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittney28
by Brittney on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:31 PM
What's invisable text?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:34 PM
[quote name="brittney28" id="0"]What's invisable text?[/quote
It was suppose to say "through text" but after I saw the number over and over I checked his phone and found deleted history. So I suppose they were invisible.. kinda
Jers.
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:34 PM

sorry :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Who is the woman? Do they see each other? Not having the security of trust sucks! I would also be hesitant to believe anyhting he said. Did he tell you everything like how long it's been going on and all of that?

KeheleyLayna
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I hope it works out for you. Long story short, and leaving out a lot of drama.. I had an emotional affair with a guy other than my husband. It was the last straw for me, and I was ready for divorce, but for some reason, I had the feeling to give our marraige another try.. and it worked. we're happier than ever.

Oceana09
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:41 PM

This

Quoting Anonymous:

Who is the woman? Do they see each other? Not having the security of trust sucks! I would also be hesitant to believe anyhting he said. Did he tell you everything like how long it's been going on and all of that?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
supermomz25
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I can completely relate. My husband was having a couple of emotional affairs on facebook. I captured the conversations on my phone and I saved them. then I confronted him and I told him if he didn't knock this shit off then he would have a huge problem. he closed down his account and I had a long and loud "conversation" with him. he never did it again and I have forgiven him. but believe me, he knows that I keep a very close eye on him and he's well aware of it.

samanthastaatss
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't believe him if he said nothing physical happened. He was already hiding something from you, I can promise you that he's most likely hiding more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Emotional is just as bad, if not worse then physical.

Neither are something I would be willing to work past.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Same thing happend to me today I feel like my world came crashing dowm he says he will vut the ties with her but I just can't trust him so I left I took all my things and just left . I am beyond hurt he did this to me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)