Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anti-Semitic

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:39 PM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you know what this means?

I am from Germany and my family lived through WWII. I just had to tell my daughter's friend that she and her parents were not to even come back on our land because she said that the Jews deserved what happened to them. My daughter is furious. I can not fathom people like this. In this era we all worry about gays but still people hate Jews. It is disgusting. I will never be ok with this.

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:40 PM
How old is this little girl? I would be having a talk with her parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
T-HoneyLuv
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:41 PM
I have been called a Communist on many occasions. People are assholes. Fuck em.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I think it means you descriminate against jewish people right?

pampire
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Oooh.  You handled that well.  My SO is Jewish.  His great grandmother survived the Pogrom of Russian Jews under Stalin.  When I was growing up my great-grandmother's best friend was a French Catholic war-bride.  Her death camp tattoo was still visible 40+ years later.  I would not let my child spend time with that girl again and I would explain to her why.  Once I calmed down I would attempt ONCE to reach out to the family and discuss the matter to see if they were open to learning the error of their thinking.

black.eyeliner
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:45 PM

She is 17 and I had to call the parents because a fight broke out over it and things were broken in my home. She found out another girl was a German Jew. Her parents arrived and saw no issue with their daughters views. I told them all to get off my land and never return. The other girls parents are dealing with the issues going on with the girls now. 

Quoting RMB2011:

black.eyeliner
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I have been called a Nazi many many times. It is ridiculous. People forget that the first country that the Nazi's invaded was Germany. They lied, cheated, and stole everything they could starting with our pride. 

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

I have been called a Communist on many occasions. People are assholes. Fuck em.

RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:46 PM
That is just sickening that people still believe stuff like that. I've never understood all the hate.

Quoting black.eyeliner:

She is 17 and I had to call the parents because a fight broke out over it and things were broken in my home. She found out another girl was a German Jew. Her parents arrived and saw no issue with their daughters views. I told them all to get off my land and never return. The other girls parents are dealing with the issues going on with the girls now. 

Quoting RMB2011:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
black.eyeliner
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Absolutely 

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it means you descriminate against jewish people right?

lancet98
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Anti-semitism is still 'alive and well', unfortunately.

The first time I heard of anti-semitism was in fourth or fifth grade, when a classmate told me that people had thrown rocks at his grandfather in Poland.   We kids sat there going, 'huh?   why?'  He said, 'because my grandfather is Jewish'.  We were STILL like, 'HUH???'

We couldn't understand what was 'different' about his grandfather or why anyone would throw rocks at him.   Our classmate started crying and said, 'And my grandfather was a really nice man'. 

I am just as much 'huh?   why?' today as I was back then.

We just all sat there going, 'why in the world...'

ausomezombie2.0
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
That's awful. You handled it better then I would have :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)