Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

4 yr old gettin tonsils out monday?!

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:01 AM
  • 7 Replies
she seems so sma to get it done but they all insist she needs itm shes a horrible mouth breather!! anyone habe experience? i got mine out at 16 and it was horrible.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:06 AM
My DD had it done at 5. Although I was terrified and cried for hours I don't regret it at all now. She hears better, eats better, sleep apnea has completely stopped, speech has greatly improved, I don't retreat it at all despite all my apprehension, fear, doubt, and tears. Good luck mama... Sure you know this is for the best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Torienslilmama
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM
yes i know it is. ive been told mouth breathing is actually very unhealthy in the long run.. i just hope she doesnt end up in to much pain
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Are they doing her adenoids as well? Adenoids are more responsible for mouth breathing than tonsils. I was a horrid mouth breather, until they took out my adenoids. 

She will do fine- my 4yo nephew had them done just shy if his 4th birthday- tubes in, tonsils and adenoids out. 

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Also, my DD was begging to go back to school 4 days later... I got chickenpox from my 5yo bro when I was 16... I was soooooo sick for 4 weeks. He was better a week later. Sometimes we heal slower as we're older.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daughteroftruth
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:15 AM
Dd had hers and her adenoids taken out, and ear tubes put in this summer. Dd had strep and went through several rounds of antibiotics and it just would not go away. It was a hard for a few days, and she was sore for a few weeks, but it was a good decision. She hasnt been sick since. She seemed to recover much quicker then i did when i had mine taken out at 13. My dd is very small..tall, just very skinny. She tolerated it all pretty well. They gave her loratab for pain, but she is like me and it just makes her sick, but she seemed to do just fine with just mortin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Traceyssel
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:17 AM
They want to take my 1yr olds tonsils, but we are waiting as long as we can. He already has tubes in his years and his adenoids taken out
Torienslilmama
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:29 AM
OMGGGGGG i should of never googled 4 yr old tonsilectomy :( i just read a bunch of articles of kids who have DIED from hemoraging days after sugery!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN